Ever rebuilt a T25?

Only tip I can think of, is the nut on the turbine shaft comes OFF CLOCKWISE it's reverse of normal. Most new wheels are balanced seperately, so there's nothing special to "align" or anything. I say go for it.

I'll be working on it soon. I found another used T25 from a 300ZX turbo that has good seals so I'm going to use it. I just have to change the outer housings to match up with the MSP exhaust.

MSP T25 is not the same. It is actually a GT25r, which is dual ball bearing.... This means you need to replace the center cartridge, or have it professionally rebuilt, which is going to cost more than your willing to spend. I would suggest searching here and on ebay for another used one.

yashart_mp3 said:
MSP T25 is not the same. It is actually a GT25r, which is dual ball bearing.... This means you need to replace the center cartridge, or have it professionally rebuilt, which is going to cost more than your willing to spend. I would suggest searching here and on ebay for another used one.

Hm....I thought the MSP was just a T25. Crap...Looks like I won't be getting the car drivable this summer.

I have replaced only the center cartridge, it's about half the cost of New.

The center comes from the factory balanced.

Brian MP5T said:
I have replaced only the center cartridge, it's about half the cost of New.

The center comes from the factory balanced.

Where did you get it from? Mazda? Or duh...Garrett

ogsp5 said:
There is a rebuilt turbo on sale in the for sale section

I won't be able to afford that for a few months. I spent all of my spare money on getting this far and it cost me about $300 more than I was expecting due to a mix up over the turbo manifold.

Back