ever pulled up next to a minivan at a redlight and...

protegeV

:
Mazda...uh, something
...the driver leans out the window and goes "hey, what year is that?" and "what do they call that color?" (rofl2)
I answered 03(didnt wanna confuse him with the 03.5 stuff) and vivid yellow, he just nodded and then took off cuz the light turned green...wierd I tell ya, very wierd (lol)

Not really strange at all....happens a lot....our cars are just BAD A$$

protegeV said:
...the driver leans out the window and goes "hey, what year is that?" and "what do they call that color?" (rofl2)
I answered 03(didnt wanna confuse him with the 03.5 stuff) and vivid yellow, he just nodded and then took off cuz the light turned green...wierd I tell ya, very wierd (lol)

(lol) Ok. One time someone heard the hissing noise from my injen, so they asked if I was purging nos under my engine.... ?!?!? Crazy...

LapisBlueProteg said:
my intake made some guys believe that i had a turbo!! they pulled up next to me and asked if it was turbod!
yea that happens to me alot to..(shrug)

People normally dont ask if there is a turbo on my car... The Swoosh sound kinna gave that one away the first week I got it finished. Some people still tell me that there is something wrong with my transmission..."Everytime you shift something breaks...get your dealer to check it out" :)

Can't say I've ever gotten comments from minivan drivers yet.

But god, I swear, there must be a big machine that cranks out teenage girls in Volkswagens..and whenver I pass them, they always seem to stare at my car for a few seconds in shock and confusion.

Sorta the way people look at me in public. ;) (thumb)

GordonJ said:
Can't say I've ever gotten comments from minivan drivers yet.

But god, I swear, there must be a big machine that cranks out teenage girls in Volkswagens..and whenver I pass them, they always seem to stare at my car for a few seconds in shock and confusion.

Sorta the way people look at me in public. ;) (thumb)

i dont complain when teenage girls stare at me (headbang)

Brian MP5T said:
People normally dont ask if there is a turbo on my car... The Swoosh sound kinna gave that one away the first week I got it finished. Some people still tell me that there is something wrong with my transmission..."Everytime you shift something breaks...get your dealer to check it out" :)
(lol) that must be one loud ass BOV..turbo..hopefully next summer

Civic Si-R pulled up to me and said nice car, thats only cuz he had a 4spd auto p5 before and he traded it in, says the civic is way better, im not too sure about that though, the civic looks.,. like a civic...

TXMazdaSpeeder said:

Well, it's usually the "Like, Omigod! Someone has like...a totally... cuter car than me?? Like, whoa!" sort of look.

Still priceless. (thumb)

LapisBlueProteg said:
my intake made some guys believe that i had a turbo!! they pulled up next to me and asked if it was turbod!
ive been told this b4 also..weird

When i first got my car in oct 2001 i went to philadelphia...parked...this guy walks by the car and almost trips and double takes hard...that was priceless.. from then on i have gotten many questions, complements and looks from random people...who cares if its slow...we always get respect :D

BlueWolfCry said:
(lol) that must be one loud ass BOV..turbo..hopefully next summer
MP5T%202.jpg

Turbo X/S RFL... Really ******* Loud... :)

We have a whoooole crapton of intersections here in town where it starts out being two lanes heading one direction and then right after the light the right lane (which is usually a straight and turn lane) ends, so there are always jackasses getting into that lane to go straight and beat the line of traffic through the light. Being the b**** that I am, I usually gun it and refuse to let them in, esp if they chirp tires when the light turns green. I did this one day to a guy in some kinda riced out civic and he was next to me at the next light askin (Ohmygod, what kinda car is that? Subaru? Does that thing have a turbo? How many HP does that have??)

He looked like he was going to have a heart attack when he pulled up next to me and saw a 20 year old blonde girl driving it through the limo tint ;)
I luff my car

TXMazdaSpeeder said:
Right?! It's always the younger highschool girls with me. Driving a Jetta, or a Neon or something. Never the girls that are around my age of 21-23...that's my only complaint.

Hmmm....Civic----or P5---- Civic---- or P5....honestly, must we really weigh out this option?... I don't see many P5s here in the Phoenix area, I get some looks as well...and as far as the civic is concerned, unless they've put some money into that car, I have no problem beating a civic...Drag or freeway.

Back