error code..P0113, P0118, P0123. protege 1999, dx

vonjune

Need some suggestions from you guys.
Things like that, I start my car, and talk to my friend in parking, forgeting I did that, and restart my car, then engine light on. The driveability is ok, and so I decide to drive home. since then, engine light is on or off. no problem with the driveability about 1-2 month. but suddenly, one day with engine light off, I drive my car, it stalled and no accelaration. Engine light on. O/D ON, battery light on. so I stop and restart my car, this time, just only engine light on, and driveability is all right. I check the error code, it says: P0113, P0118, P0123. (air intake sensor, throttle position sensor, coolant temperature sensor)
Then I went to autoshop, they check those sensors, found no any problem, and just fix some air intake leaky, run it for 0.5h, its ok. get back my car, and drive 2-3miles, engine light on again.
so could anyone help me to fix this problem? thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I was just asking, because sometimes when you run an oiled filter like a k&n for a long time the excess oil can get in your air flow sensor and cause a code. I wouldnt know what to do with the other two sensors other than just re check all the wiring to them and probably replace them.

many thanks.

jeg0024 said:
I was just asking, because sometimes when you run an oiled filter like a k&n for a long time the excess oil can get in your air flow sensor and cause a code. I wouldnt know what to do with the other two sensors other than just re check all the wiring to them and probably replace them.

many thanks, buddy. I should recheck them again. maybe replacing them all is a good idea. thank you again.

vonjune said:
Need some suggestions from you guys.
Things like that, I start my car, and talk to my friend in parking, forgeting I did that, and restart my car, then engine light on.

So you started your car, got distracted, then tried to start it while it was running? Or just, started it again after you turned it off.

I dunno, if the two sensors were just air related it could be something related to the intake...but with the ETS in there, it makes me wonder about the battery or alternator. its a simple enough check, and if you have improper voltage (due to a poor battery or an improperly charging alternator) it could throw off readings to the ECU.

Just my .02 guess

thank you too..

Azaizai said:
So you started your car, got distracted, then tried to start it while it was running? Or just, started it again after you turned it off.

I dunno, if the two sensors were just air related it could be something related to the intake...but with the ETS in there, it makes me wonder about the battery or alternator. its a simple enough check, and if you have improper voltage (due to a poor battery or an improperly charging alternator) it could throw off readings to the ECU.

Just my .02 guess

So you started your car, got distracted, then tried to start it while it was running? that's it.

The mechanics check the battery, and charger, also alternator and wire, it looks all right. so they are totally confused.

what I guess is that it could be short circuit somewhere or some brush? I am not sure. anyway, thanks a lot. dude.

finally, I did fix my car. and the problem comes from short circuit of the wire shared by 5 volt sensors. that is the orange wire. (ground ckt controlled by pcm -powertrain control module). No.91 from the PCM.
thanks again, jeg0024 and Azaizai.

after much digging and hardcore research your answer is this.....

po113= air intake temp circuit, high put

po118= engine coolant temp circuit, high input

po123= throttle position or pedal position switch circuit

what does all this mean??? check your ignition system, air intake sensor and throttle connection.

how did i know?? the haynes obd2 techbook. WORTH EVERY !(.(% penny

so thats cool that you found the problem to be with a faulty connection at the pcm (powertrain control module)

Back