electrical nightmare

idk what is wrong but i but new clutch and flywheel in the car and now the speedo like shake and sways the faster it goes, like at 60 it moves left and right constantly. also the windows dont work now and lets see the interior lights dont work and the constant power the the radio is ******. does anyone have all the wire harnesses that go behind the dash that i could get from them

its prolly not under the dash. there are a lot of wires that could have been pinched reinstalling the tranny.

man i hope you didnt crush those wires there is not a good way to repair them but you will have to buy a new harness if that is the case.

alright, first, check EVERY fuse.. i dont care if you already have, these cars are weird as some fuses have to do with other things than they say.
Now, there is a bracket where the wiring harness holds on to that bolts to the transmission. double check and see that that place to tightened all the way AND that the ground wire that connects to it is as well. I know a few people that had crazy problems with those grounds shorting out from being loose

Hey, I suppose I stumbled across a good find for me. I'm a professional electrician, so helping with this on my side should be easy. First off, unless you have lots of money to spare, I wouldn't get in the habit of just ordering a harness and calling it a day; all harnesses are repairable, and in most cases, you can repair them to be even better than factory. Let's take a few troubleshooting steps to ensure it isn't something silly. There are only 3 base values that we ever worry about. Power, component and ground. 99.9% of the time, it is one of these likely to be the culprit. Power= +12VDC, Signal; Component= Speedometer; Ground= Obvious, the electrical system on the Proteges are power seeking systems. The issue with *many*, but certainly not all problems; not getting juice. Being a power seeking system, there are most likely several grounds that all feed off of each other, and thus- you may have a few bad grounds, but everything will still operate as it is taking the ground from another component or grounding source, and you may never know about them. Very seldom to factory *splice points* go bad. Now, with your issue; there is one very likely possibility. There is a Gray/White wire(meaning solid gray, striped white) coming out of a connector known as the vehicle speedometer sensor. It is a two pin connector. This connector is found by tracing the wire bundle that runs atop the engine, towards the driver's side, and down to near the top of the transmission. It probably is not plugged in securely, as your speedometer works, but gets unwanted noise or insufficient contact with signal output from sensor. Ensure the connector is connected firmly, and ensure the contacts(pins in this case) are clean and free of any debris. If this does not fix the issue, you may want to check the actual vehicle speedometer sensor, in which the gray connector plugs in to. Let me know if you need more info, PM me if need be, etc. Hope that helps.

hi there im new to this site and i have a mazda protege 2000 model. i live in south africa so the car is called an etude over here. have no idea why... the car is not to big in south africa for styling purposes and there are never any aftermarket pars for the car in our car accesories shops with sux MAJOR.... n e way im wanting to xhange the LED lights in my speedo cluster.. are there any specific one i have to buy or must i just use n e LED that fits??

If they are plug and play leds, it should be a direct swap. If they are not plug and play leds, you will have to know how to solder them onto a printed circuit board. They may just be bulbs, in which case; match up the part numbers and you should be golden.

Back