drove a MSM today

CWiLL

:
2003 Mazda Protege 5, silver
so today i got to drive a MazdaSpeed Miata. it was alot of fun. we dynoed it at my work. it made 154whp bone stock. it handled great. The owner wants to know what to do to make it faster and more power. its only on 7psi. we turned it up to 8.5psi and it made 174whp. what an improvement.
How do u guy mod them to make more power? also the owner is still trying to keep it somewhat stock. he wants like 230whp

we will soon be offering a full line of miata and msm upgrades courtesy of mr. corky bell :D

CustomMSP's FMIC & intake kit!

Dyno-ed on my car, same conditions (the kit was installed while the car was strapped to the dyno!)
Stock: 161 RWHP
FMIC & Intake: 178 RWHP

Rob.Tuner said:
they're pretty a-ok i guess. can you get more general than that?

I guess I am just wondering if the rods are as weak as the stock MSP? Will you be able to upgrade to 250whp or so without bending a rod or something? I would like to see the potential of this car.

well...Flyinmiatas msm is doing 260 maybe with an upgraded compressor wheel and housing along with the ecu and junk i "think" on stock internals.

pluto316 said:
R U SUR?

SUR M SUR!

Don't forget the spin off!

KENT B!? (I'll admit, I don't really understand that part but most of the PTKFGS stuff is hilarious).

we're such losers (ughdance)

jsahyoun said:
I guess I am just wondering if the rods are as weak as the stock MSP? Will you be able to upgrade to 250whp or so without bending a rod or something? I would like to see the potential of this car.

it's not the same engine as the MSP, so that's not really a comparison. i'm pretty sure the MS uses a turbo version of the same BP engine the miata had used since '94...not the FS used in the MSP.

Back