Drizz-OH! build/progress thread

Hey guys, just thought I'd drop in and give some updates. Been a while since I really did anything new to the 6. Been busy with my new job, but I have been catching up on some much needed maintenance though. Did a coolant flush a few weeks back with all new hoses, fluids and a Stant 180* Superstat. Temps have gone down a few degrees and the car gets to operating temperature quicker with the Superstat. Very pleased with the flush. Now all I need is an adjustable fan controller and my cooling system overhaul will be complete. Also got the AC recharged and replaced the center console air vents with new ones. Mine were getting flimsy and starting to rattle with my subs and rough roads. Also swapped out my 5 month old Redline MT-90 GL4 transmission fluid for some NEO 75w90 GL5. The NEO completely pwns the Redline in every aspect! ALL my shift shock is gone and there's no more annoying transmission whine. I would definitely recommend checking this fluid out. It's safe for most GL4 applications. The last thing I can remember doing lately is adjusting the dampness of my front coilovers to a softer setting. Now it's riding much muuuuchhh smoother. I can't believe it took me this long to mess with it! Hope all you guys are doing well!

Lol. I'm getting a wicked deal on these too good to pass up. They're 17x9's with 255/40 Hankook RS3's. That's a hell of an upgrade from the 18x7.5's with 225/40 Dunlop Star Specs I was previously tracking on. This is also the most aggressive proper fitment I've ever seen on a 6. :D

That strut bar fit no problem/modification? I was looking into it as well.

I had to modify the stupid Mitsubishi bracket that's up against the firewall but it wasn't bad. Total install took less than an hour. Just need to cut off the top part of the bracket where it's ziptied to the wire (pointless piece) as close to the firewall as possible, angle the bracket 20-30 deg downward, and relocate the wiring harness closer to the passenger side to the underside of the bracket and space it ~1/2-3/4" down to the bar will clear. Might sound like a lot, but all you really need is a hacksaw/dremel and a 1.5" 10mm bolt and something to space it with (I used 2 old thick washers). But it's nice having a bar that actually fits in the rear of the engine bay and doesn't require you to slide your battery wayyyyy forward. Plus with it's 1pc design it might actually have an effect on the handling (although still doubtful because the strut towers are on the firewll).

Question for you, how is the MF exhaust on the highway and for DD? I'm looking to change up my system because it's too loud for me now. How is it talking to passengers at 3k rpm? How's the drone?

Question for you, how is the MF exhaust on the highway and for DD? I'm looking to change up my system because it's too loud for me now. How is it talking to passengers at 3k rpm? How's the drone?

See my post on your comment on 6Crew Facebook. I don't feel the need to raise my voice while talking to passengers at all. Drone isn't bad.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response over there. I folded my rear seat up and it helped mask a ton of noise (folded it down to let more bass in). Still kind of want the flows to change up the look though. Not a priority, but if a good deal comes up on a nice used system I might get it.

Thanks for your response over there. I folded my rear seat up and it helped mask a ton of noise (folded it down to let more bass in). Still kind of want the flows to change up the look though. Not a priority, but if a good deal comes up on a nice used system I might get it.

Isn't there one on 6crew going for like $275? Not sure if its for V6 though.

EDIT: its for 2.3L

Last edited:
Installed some Hella Supertones last night. Sound great and look nice with the unique offset and staggered mounting setup I did.

Other than that, nothing that cool has happened lately. Ordered a new front driver side window regulator/motor since every time I roll up my window it gets a little slower, and I drive with the windows down 80% of the time.

Been trying to finalize the details on a new color theme that I'm working on (hence the supertones- but no, the theme will not be red).

Latest posts

Back