Steelwagon6's Swagn6 Build

Hey Guys, so I just realized something... I am a professional lurker on here! I joined way back in 2008 but never even posted anything, so I felt it was only appropriate that I say hello and introduce my 2004 Mazda6s Wagon. It has come quite a long way in the last couple years, and over the next couple weeks I'm expecting to make the biggest changes to her yet with regard to the suspension and wheel setup. Below is a list of what she looked like last year, and at the bottom is a little teaser of what to expect in the next few weeks. I'll try to keep this updated as things go on.

UPDATED PICS as of (5/6/14)

dnvXBbl.jpg

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon
Steel Grey Metallic
150,000 Miles

Current Mods:

Engine:
Injen Super SES Cat-Back Exhaust (custom welded for the wagon)
Injen SP Cold Air Intake
AWR Wishbone Engine Mount
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
Throttle Body Ground

Suspension:
GT-Spec Replica Strut Tower Bar
AWR Adjustable Endlinks
SPC Adjustable Front Ball Joints
KSport Coilovers
KYB Rear Shocks

Wheel/Brake Setup:
MSR 088 Candy Teal 19x8.5 +24 w/ Nankang NSII (225/35/19)
5Zigen Gunmetal Fighters 18x7.5 +42 w/ Hankook V4 (225/40/18)
Akata Spacers (3mm F; 5mm R)
EBC Ultimax Front/Rear Rotors
Hawk HPS Front/Rear Pads
StopTech SS Front/Rear Brake Lines

Exterior:
VIS Monster CF Hood
Retrofitted '05 WRX STI Chargespeed Lip
Retrofitted Lexus IS350 Side Lips
Smoked LED rear reflectors
Blazing Copper Painted Calipers
LED License Plate Lamps
Mazdaspeed Stubby Antenna
Plastidipped Emblems
Plastidipped Sports Grill
Custom License- Plate Relocate
Mesh Bumper Grille
Smoked Side Markers
DDM 6000K HID Kit
Xenon Super White Reverse Lamp Bulbs
Xenon Super White High Beam Bulbs
55W Xenon Fog Lamp Bulbs
06 Tinted Chrome Tail Lamps

Interior:
Corksport LED Conversion
Infinity 12" Sub
Alpine 700W Amp
Grom iPod Link (need to do L716 mod)
Custom gooseneck iPhone holder

vCj5ENR.jpg

S0F3Cff.jpg

EtAuogP.jpg

C0a0R09.jpg

Older Pics:
0ej7.jpg

jvnw.jpg

Last edited:
Moar low acquired. Hopefully picking up the wheels on Friday and throwing them on this weekend... We'll see how she sits after this snow storm we're expecting this weekend, haha #newenglandproblems

hTVd7ui.jpg

FAShQGC.jpg

I finally got them on and fitted, the rest of this weekend I will be spending pulling the fenders and adjusting the coilovers to make sure I don't rub /everywhere/ I go haha. Still a lot left to finish, but she's coming along :)

Rfoq5EW.jpg

3mmeoFf.jpg

PKhJtIU.jpg

9C3AcPC.jpg

JeZ47qc.jpg

Last edited:
Updated OP with some new pics! New lip and finally got the stance dialed in, so I took her to Staggered in CT last weekend and got some good feedback, thoughts?

Looks Good! I really like the added front and side lips. The 6 section on this forum doesn't get much love unfortunately. I need to quit being lazy and make a thread for my wagon.

Looks Good! I really like the added front and side lips. The 6 section on this forum doesn't get much love unfortunately. I need to quit being lazy and make a thread for my wagon.

Thanks a lot man, wagons unite!

And haha I've noticed it's a bit quiet in this sub-forum, are you on 6Club or 6Crew? I'm a lot more active there, but I figured I'd branch out to a few more mazda forums recently :)

Thanks a lot man, wagons unite!

And haha I've noticed it's a bit quiet in this sub-forum, are you on 6Club or 6Crew? I'm a lot more active there, but I figured I'd branch out to a few more mazda forums recently :)

I'm on both (same username) but not very active. Just got my 6 in March so I'm just reading threads and learning now.

Went to Import Face-off in NH last weekend. Didn't win anything with over 500 other fantastic rides competing, but got some good feedback and a nice shot from the official photographer :)

a57WDIc.jpg

well i don't have a mazda wagon but i guess i have the next best thing, a ford. it is the futura it is a v6 exclusive to australia. sorry i won't provide pictures. it has been kept really clean but other than that still low mileage given it is over ten years old and still the same as the day it rolled out of the factory. the plan is to sell, along with two other cars, and probably put part of the money in to my new car. it could be a 2! lol.

Back