Drag Racing Question/Discussion

ive noticed that most of oru lowering springs make the car squat in the back. that is horrible for the track. full coilovers or something to clamp the rear springs wouold be great, i was thinking of ideas yesterday about this
also nobody uses DRs. most are on street tire, u need better tires too

Tommy1005 said:
so, they're not custom for the MSP, just a general spacer?

Yea, its just a general spacer that sits inbetween the coils. Make sure you take them out after your done racing or the first bump you hit they'll fall out.

I am looking for a more permanent setup instead of adding stuff before a drag race, but that is a cool idea to stop squatting.

Yeah I have a set of those I made up. They are for sale if anybody wants them!?!?! lol.

just incase anybody is curious, Skunk2 makes a drag launch kit.....there is not a kit specifically for the protege, but you can buy the coilover kit and change the springs in the rear to a drag spring and it will give the same effect as the kit according to Skunk2......the kit is just coilovers for the rear with the drag springs already installed. The drag springs for the coilovers are about $50 and the coilovers themselves are around $300. I will be ordering these in the next week or so and will let you know how it affects the car at the track.

we don't have city bus looking interior,a 36"+ waist can fit in the seats,we don't understeer into the side of mountains when there is a slight drizzel,because the front of the car of a tank,and the rear is like paper.

oh yeah,and the look,def the looks.

Whatever you do, you want to be able to undo for the street. It is extremely unsafe to be riding around with a very stiff suspension in the rear. It tends to like to come around real easy.

considering I only push it in a straight line when on the street and not around corners, I'm not too terribly worried about it, plus I don't want to have to change my springs everytime I go to the track, that would get to be a real pain in the ass

Yeah that is my rear dilema. In my head I'd like better straight-line over cornering but I'm not sure about actually driving it around. But my drag/straight-line goals arn't too lofty I think, so maybe a super stiff setup isnt the most important thing. Eh it all relative, hard to say. Especially since I plan before I buy instead of just trying stuff.

well, since I'm getting the coil-overs, then adding the springs, I can put the drag springs on, see how it is no the street, if it's too twitchy, I will be able to change back to the original rear coilover springs fairly easily......anyway, we'll see what happens.

Back