does anyone want to help me with Calc2???

Dexter

Banned
Contributor
please?????

i know someone out there must love math , at 12:30 AM....

its trigonometric intergrals and trig substitutions

god im so ******. :confused: :confused:

your precious carputer can't save you now :D

i've got faith in you bryan. i've also got a stuck sneeze. damn.

Sorry man,
I'd help you out but I just failed a calc exam yesterday. Praying is your best option.

Moose

Code:
 /      
 |  (sin 2x)^5(cos 2x)dx
 /

i tried to make that as understandable as possible. that is the integrate sign there on the left.

what ive done so far...is factored out a sin

Code:
 /      
 |  (sin 2x)^4(cos 2x)(sin 2x)dx
 /

and now by what the book says, im supposed to save that sin i just factored out. okay, done. and then im supposed to convert the OTHER sin to cos. how??

holy ****...i think im onto something...
Code:
 /      
 |  (sin 2x)^2 (sin 2x)^2 (cos 2x)(sin 2x)dx
 /
(sin x)^2 +(cos x)^2 = 1

but that doesnt help me does it??

i need to get those Sin2x's to cosines so i can use the Power Rule and 'U' substitution, where u = sin 2x ?

You're on the right track. If you let u=sin(2x), then it's derivative, du=2cos(2x). Then your original integral becomes:
/
2| u^5 du
/
because you can pull constants out of integrals.
So that looks like a form that's familiar.
Then your solution to that is 2*(1/6)u^6 = (1/12)u^6
Then you resub with u=sin(2x) to get your final answer as
(1/12)(sin(2x))^6...I think

DaleGribble said:
You're on the right track. If you let u=sin(2x), then it's derivative, du=2cos(2x). Then your original integral becomes:
/
2| u^5 du
/
this guy knows what he's talkin about. if i need to do integrals, i love my ti-89 :)

man im so happy im done with calc. .. .pre-med only requires 2 semesters of math. . .i took calc 1 and got a b. . ..and now im in stat (boring but easy)

DaleGribble said:
/
2| u^5 du
/

dude, thanks alot for the explaination. i ironically enough have to run to class now, but yeah it makes sense...kinda..im sure when i read it thru it will. thanks agian

it should be 1/2 the integral u^5 du. when you sub u=sin2x, your du=2cos2x dx. isolate your dx to replace in your original equation and you get du/(2cos2x). take out the constant, then cancel cos2x on top and bottom. then the rest is elementary.

My brain hurts just trying to look at that stuff. I took Algebra 2 for like two days, then dropped it. I couldn't even imagine trying that crap you guys are talking about.

Back