do the Electric superchargers work??

well i know you loose some efficency when you convert anything, but the key part is you dont convert till after you are done using the charger. and in our case i dont think an alternator up grade is needed, the only reason you would need to upgrade the alt would be if you wanted to have faster recharge time. anyone know what are cars put out? lets just say its 100amps the site says that a 200 amp alternator will recharge the completly dead cells in 15 mins( i think thats what it said) if you took the same dead cell and charged them with a 100 amp alternator it would take 30 mins. so parasitic power lose only happens after you make you run/race and you want to recharge the system, that doesnt seem like a bad deal to me, kind of like n2o without the explosion!
I agree with you 100% that a direct belt drive is more efficent but how much would one of those cost for our car along with ecu work and all the other crap? and would you be able to bypass it if you wanted. with direct drive systems you get constant wear and tear. now dont get me wrong i have an ati d1sc charger on my camaro and its the way to go! but with my lil 3 there aight s*** for room! 5-7psi is 5-7 psi

Back