Difference between P5 and MSP wiring harness?

ghaze24

:
2003.5 MSP
I just got a P5 with a bad engine that I will be swapping everything from my MSP into. I'd like to keep the cruise control in the P5. When I pulled the harness out of the P5 I noticed a small box in the passenger footwell by the ecu that the MSP does not have. I haven't taken the MSP fully apart yet but I do know it doesn't have that box, guessing it has to do with cruise? Is that part of the harness hiding somewhere on the MSP, are they actually the same? I did some searching on the forum and didn't find an exact answer. So overall question is, are the harnesses the same? Its a 02 P5 manual with ABS and an 03.5 MSP.

I would just keep the harness in the MSP and swap the engine, aside from the connector for the cruise control everything should be the same.

I would just keep the harness in the MSP and swap the engine, aside from the connector for the cruise control everything should be the same.

I'm not sure what you mean, my plan is to swap the engine and harness from the MPS into the P5, I think its easier to take the engine out with the harness attached and its already wired for my ssafc. I'd like to keep cruise control in the P5. I'm 90% sure you're right that they are the same besides the cruise control but I haven't taken it apart that far yet, trying to plan ahead.

Gilella, the P5 has almost no rust which is why its getting all the MSP stuff, sadly the MSP is very rusty.

So you want to use the harness on the MSP and keep the cruise control on the P5? Then the question becomes, does the cruise control module connect to the engine harness.

Back