Dent Help Please

MSP_03_FL

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I got a couple of dents on my back door last night. Their pretty small but noticeable. Whats a good way to fix the dent? Without me dishing out a bunch of $. Thank You.

paintless dent removal are not very expensive, and the results are amazing
The tool they use u can get at an auto parts store for $20, which is about what they would charge you to fix it. And if it happens again you'll already have it. If your into doing it yourself that is.

The tool they use u can get at an auto parts store for $20, which is about what they would charge you to fix it. And if it happens again you'll already have it. If your into doing it yourself that is.

What does it look like ? A suction cup on one end and then some type of screw or handle ?

I may go and pick one of those up - some asshat drop kicked my quarter panel.

I've managed to get the dent down from a size 11 boot down to the size of my fist with a 3$ sanding block and a WHOLE lot of hammering from the inside.

how does paintless dent removal work? cuz i have a dent from some idiots door on my fender

well what they do is pretty much pry out the body panel from the other side. in your case, theyll prob remove your inner fender, or squeeze a tool between it and the fender and pry it out.
Usuallly the dent or small crease can be fixed, but ofcourse the shop would have to look at it

What does it look like ? A suction cup on one end and then some type of screw or handle ?

I may go and pick one of those up - some asshat drop kicked my quarter panel.

I've managed to get the dent down from a size 11 boot down to the size of my fist with a 3$ sanding block and a WHOLE lot of hammering from the inside.

well i work at a place where they proffesionally do PDR (paint less dent removal), and they dont use suction cups, they have thin rods with handles. all the rods are shaped or angled differently, for different types of dents. its not as easy as it looks, i tried it(no)

The thing I got that works OK is a disk you hot glue to the dent and use a bridge that you tighten down on and pulls the dent out and the disk off. Also the glue is removed with rubbing alcohol. They had something similar on tv a few years ago you might have seen it.

Last edited:
^ If you're talking about the Ding King I've got one of those. Didn't work all that bad but it still left a very little bit of the dent still there.

More power to you if you think that you can buy the same tools used by a Tech that does paintless dent removal well. Takes a lot of honed skill to get it right and unnoticable. You can actually make it worse by trying it yourself or hiring an inexperienced tech to do it for you.

PDR done right is a good way to go.

I have a golfball sized dent in my driver door and was told it would be $70 to fix it

I used the dent king on my car and it worked very well and only cost me 20 bucks . if you want I live in boynton beach . if you pick it up i can help you out on day . im down to chill

The one I got is called Pops-a-Dent but I think it's the same thing. Unless the glue overbonds and pulls the dent too high there's really no way to make it worse. It will pull off already peeling paint tho. It does use the body around the dent for leverage but there is big foam pads that create enough surface area that I don't see it making more dents. If all else fails... Bondo!!!

Back