DE-Modifying (help please)

ghetto waggon

:
2003 Protege5, Yellow.
My story is,
I've got an 03 pro5, in yellow. Its the first car I'm proud to drive.
I've got an injen and mazdaspeed axle back...both of which have provided plenty of butt dyno, which seems to have gone to my head.

I end up driving this car like its a race car and getting myself into trouble.

**SHORT AND SKINNY***

I want a quiet exhaust again. I like the muffler-less/straight pipe look. Is this something I should have an exhaust shop do?
...Is it even possible? I've heard the greddy is pretty damn quiet, but it wasnt too quiet at all on the WRX I saw.

I really want the quietness of the stock exhaust without the little weenie tailpipe look.

i'll trade ya stock exhaust for ur axleback, i have a tip on it and it looks exactly like the ms axleback minus the sound

i heard the racing beat ezhaust is good

im gettin a used magna flow full cat back soon and im hoping it will be fairly quiet

pic1 (sorry for poor quality)

Attachments

• mvc-021f.jpg
    mvc-021f.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 140
I know that Bruellen up here in Toronto makes a stock sounding exhaust with whatever tip you want. Gets the same gains but just sounds stock untill you really get on it

racing beat gives off a nice purr. it's funny about the greddy because greddy is notorious for noise, especially on the honda/acura line. rsmotorsports has a nice deep sounding one as well, with a very subdued enlarged stock look.

for the type of exhaust you want, the straight thru muffler-less look, your choices are pretty much limited to the JIC (which is louder than the racing beat, but better flowing) or the hks axle back. both of these are louder than stock. you can't cut out the biggest noise suppressor of an exhaust system and expect it to be as quiet as the stock setup. you can try running two resonators, but looking at the JIC resonator, it's the biggest restriction in the system, so you'll definitely lose some flow.

so you want the straight pipe look that's on so many throaty ford and chevy trucks? no one does that for the protege. you're gonna have to go straight pipe that's custom fabbed. good luck.

Back