De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

yashart_mp3 said:
Anybody else excited to see the match this weekend?

Me!!!! Mayweather is going to whip his ass!

I'm excited to see those two beat the s*** out of each other. Oscar is a pretty boy and Mayweather is a cocky motherfucker.

Im rooting for De La Hoya :)

Mayweather is a wanna-be thug, who thinks hes the greatest pound for pound fighter. Ever wonder why none of the analysts and retired champs never give him the respect he think he earns?? Cause he fights nobodies, and has a "b****" fighting style. F*ck Mayweather.

I am very excited. I got De La Hoya, I have never rooted for him but this time I will because: a) Mayweather has 50 crap singing his intro song live and b) Because Mayweather said UFC is garbage.

Mayweather Jr. And now has his father Mayweather Sr. to possibly give a few hints on De-La Hoya's fighting style. Sr. was Hoya's trainer for the past 7 yrs. Could be used pretty badly against Oscar.

Depends on the hotel. Ill be on the road heading back to Texas myself, so ill be calling the hotels in Phoenix to see if they'll offer the fight to purchase. If not, ill be headed to a local bar :)

I'm a fan of the sweet science. It hasn't been so sweet for a while now. Anyway yeah I plan on watching it. Oscar was a great fighter. He'll learn what many great fighters learn, staying in the game to long will get you hurt. Mayweather is too slick, fast, and good to lose to a guy past his prime. Who gives a s*** what retired has beens and so called experts think. In the ring Mayweather is an animal that can beat you boxing or slugging. My money is on the kid.

Cinco De Mayo - The Mex-I-Can will win. I'm not confident that Mayweather will win, eventhough Oscar really has not impressed me much as late I think he's smart enough to beat Mayweather which in my opinion will determine the outcome, b/c these guys are in shape and are both good fighters, whoever is smarter fighter will win, but the fight will be great none the less.

Oscar wins by decision.

I would dave to say that I'm a bigger fan of Mayweather than I am De La Hoya. But I do have respect for who De La Hoya was. However, if I was a betting man, my money would be on Mayweather. Mayweather has too much going for him. He is younger, faster, stonger, in his prime. No to mention the fact that his trainer is his father. The X-trainer of De La Hoya. Should be a good fight none the less.

after watching hoya/mayorga, my respect for hoya sky rocketed. experience vs young raw talent, it's gonna be tight

SPLIT DECISION. I was rooting for Oscar. I think it's a fair call but Floyd didn't earn my respect. He's a cocky MF. He's retiring. He's just scared that Shane Mosley is gonna take his ass. I think Oscar, because of his age, got tired in the end and abandoned his jabs. I say, REMATCH

He doesnt box, he plays the cards. Thats why he will never be considered among the elite. De La Hoya had to force him to fight by chasing him.

There both getting paid madd cash! Even though De La hoya made over twice as much as Mayweather did, lol. I believe there will be a rematch, cause so much was left on the table.

Mayworth is supposedly retiring, which kind of sucks cuz I wanted to see a rematch sometime in the future. His style is whack, and too defensive...always backing out and running away.

Mayweather is not retiring, come on, you know he'll jump at the next oportunity to earn some good cash. As for the rematch, i hope there is one, the golden boy deserves another shot.

Last edited:
If your planning on seeing it at a local bar you might want to start calling around. They are charging $5000 for the event so all the bars in my area have decided not to show it.

Back