ddogg777 Thumper dyno numbers

The numbers are in 91 Octane + 15psi = 331whp of Thumper power
This was done on the following mods:
AEM EMS
550cc injectors
Thumper turbo kit w/GT3037 and Tial BOV
Mental Addiction Stage 3 fuel system
Mental Addiction Built shortblock(8.0 CR and stock rod length)
Spec stage 3 Full face
Spec Aluminum FW
MSP welded LSD
3" custom exhaust with a Hi-Flow cat and Magnaflow muffler
Stock head
Stock intake
Stock axles
Stock motor mounts filled with Ureth.

Spent about 7 hours yesterday working out some bugs on Duanes setup(Still have a few more to go).The stock fuel pump would not keep up at 15psi(14.6 to be exact)
Installing a Walbro GSS340 intank and was able to keep going.
These dyno runs where done on a Load bearing DynoPac dyno.
On pump gas we layed down 331whp(waiting on the shop to email me runs) on a wooping 10* of timing. We are looking to go for more, but have some bugs we need to work through before this will happen.

Here is a camera phone picture of it at the dyno.

Attachments

• Duanedyno15psi.JPG
    Duanedyno15psi.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 168
ddogg777 said:
I hear the whining right at 2500 each time. It really gets the power at about 3000 though.

What I meant to say is when is this turbo in it's efficiency range on the 2.0l. Whats the sweet spot? 330whp has been done at 15psi on a much smaller turbo and set-up.

Nevermind it was only like 328. Can't seem to find the link though.

I think blkzzoomzoom is prob reffering to one of the msp's that nick worked on that did it on 15psi supposedly. I think nick has it in his sig, might even be a link.

yeah its this one, but thats 310, I dont remember the details on the fuel

attachment.php

Mental Addiction said:
The details on that are:
Long rod motor
ported head
ported intake
race gas
intercooler sprayer
and no exhaust.

Uh, yeah, that is a "real world" dyno. (boom07)

ddogg777 was dynoed as it is driven. There is no need to doctor the numbers with race fuel and open exhaust.

BlkZoomZoom said:
What I meant to say is when is this turbo in it's efficiency range on the 2.0l. Whats the sweet spot? 330whp has been done at 15psi on a much smaller turbo and set-up.

Yes we made 328whp @15psi with a stage I turbo. Our run was SAE and we posted the dyno file. I see the new thing over the last month or so has been not to post post any dyno files. I have seen some very big numbers posted all over the forum. All great work, each one looks good. I think it would be nice to check out the dyno files. Maybe the forum could start a section just for dyno files. It would be nice to compare one cars run to anothers. You can see what the turbo does and where Bottom line is the Protege power range has gone full power, great work by all of the owners and vendors.

Back