MAM Thumper Dragstrip Video

mazda changed my lsd and reverse gear under warranty ... the guy saw my intercooler/exhaust, boost controller, extra injectors, etc ... he asked me after it was all fixed how much boost i was running and he freaked out when i said ~16psi and we talked about my car for about 45mins after the dealership was closed. pretty cool guy (the service manager)

anything is possible hehe

ddogg777 said:
Is it really that much cheaper to mod a honda? I figure you're gonna need all the same stuff: turbo, IC, AEM (which is for hondas btw), rods, pistons, clutch, etc. Sounds like it would cost the same no matter which way you go. And yes, it cost me a lot, I wish I could drive it....

hondas have hondata, which saves a shitload of money. but... its still expensive to build a car that runs low 12's all day. your car is amazing duane.

batmang said:
hondas have hondata, which saves a shitload of money. but... its still expensive to build a car that runs low 12's all day. your car is amazing duane.

Hondata is $295+$200 for the boost option,+$80 for the obdII to obdI conversion harness. And if you own a honda prelude then u have to buy either the p72 gsr ecu or the p28 civic ecu cause the hondata dosent work with the prelude. So in eaither case your spending a s*** load of money on your car not matter wat it is. Grant it honda parts are cheaper.

a grand or two in a 20 ou 30k setup isnt much ... but for the regular guy who spends 5~6k on a setup, 1k is huge. i guess it just depends on your car and how far you wana take it

my lord....that is some serious stuff, 12.13 for a 5 in no joke. Remind me NOT to mess with the next Yellow 5 i run into lol

man, i love watching this video .. bump for more haters againts mental ;)
lol sorry
this video is just.. lovely... :/ where are the high res video?? :)

505zoom said:
I spent the better part of yesterday getting my editor to work with these video clips... hope you folks enjoy.

Medium quality:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6964770078767567312&hl=en

Low quality for 56k:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8739471279263637590&hl=en

High quality DV version coming as soon as I get this google installer to work on my computer.

Car is running:

Mental Addiction Thumper Kit (GT3037)
Mental Addiction Built Motor (8.0:1)
Mental Addiction Fuel System (stage 3)
AEM EMS
BoostSciences Accuboost MBC @ 18psi
Slicks
112 octane fuel

*These runs are done at 4200ft of elevation!!!*

Back