CX9 transmission fluid flush?

I just did flush with Fuchs Titan 4400, it's much more better, I can't not believe only 65K fluid really dark and black, i may change transfer case fluid next week.

I have a 2008 CX9 with 116 K, just bought it a couple months ago, and really don't know the service history. When I pulled the drain plug the oil was very dark, but did not smell burnt. When you pull the plug you can only get around 3 1/2 quarts out, so what I decided to do was drain, and fill with new oil. Drive for a week, and then do the whole thing over again. So far I have drained and refilled 3 times, and I have enough oil to do it one last time. I figure after 4 changes it should be good to go. Also the tranny is shifting just fine, so change the oil.

What a huge difference.
Let's hear it :) I am actually curious since your tranny was rather young. What has improved? I have slight hesitation 1-3 at very low revs. Wondering if new fluid can help. Also, does anyone know if 2011s have dipstick too?

I flush it at 65,000Km, drain and refill every 20,000Km.
-CX 9 is large SUV and much heavier than sedan, Transmission will work much harder than any sedan.

mechanical parts don't work HARDER. They either reach treshold load of breaking or not.....bigger car, bigger transmission .....their reliability seems to confirm that

Back