CX-7 Annoyances List...with Love

singlemalt_18 said:
Mikey,

I just had mine at the dealership and they said there is a service bulletin about it. The thud in question occurs when the tranny shifts from 1st to 2nd.

They ordered a new coupling or something for the driveshaft, I think... I was just happy they said it is a known problem; I didn't pay close enough attention. I am waiting to hear when the part comes in to schedule an appointment for the work.

Have they installed the new coupling yet, and did it work(stopwar)

Mikey,

I just had mine at the dealership and they said there is a service bulletin about it. The thud in question occurs when the tranny shifts from 1st to 2nd.

They ordered a new coupling or something for the driveshaft, I think... I was just happy they said it is a known problem; I didn't pay close enough attention. I am waiting to hear when the part comes in to schedule an appointment for the work.

There is also a fix for the door seals to prevent all the crud from gathering in the door jams... they ordered the new seals per my request as they were unaware of that one.

When I get the details on the drive train fix, I will be sure to post.

I am facing the same problem witha 2009 CX-7. Dealer says he can not hear anything unusual. Can anyone tell me the details on this? was this fixed? any official mazda bulletin on this?

oh no, lemon?

ahhhhhhhhhhh finally someone else with the THUNK SOUND. mine has been there since day 1, and gotten worse ever since. I posted about this sound way back, like when i had aroudn 700 miles on my car in october or nov. The sound is still there and worse at 6k miles.

while i had the mazda6 loaner, it made a similiar sound too. it had around 2k miles on it.

thank god im not crazy, this is the first post ive read acknowleding this sound other than mine from way back.

NO way... I was thinking about buying a 2007 CX-7 AWD Touring with 21k miles on it. Listed at $18,990. I don't want a lemon!

Back