Crazy idea: Switch to carburators?

Greensleeper

:
2 GX 2011
Yep, i've been thinking of this instead of going F/I!

My idea: Cut my ported intake manifold and weld a carburator setup... no need for EMS but:

Can the stock fuel system can be modified to bring fuel at the carburator?

Can the stock igniton can fire on such a setup or do I will have to switch to a 'conventional' spark system (with a rotor)?

Do you think I can do it without *cough* to much trouble?

sorry, why would you want to go from efi to carbies?

Just because carbs are sexy lol... and simpler...

But I know that a good EMS like Microtech with a p&p/VTCS-removed intake manifold (which I have) will yield better results. And for the price of all that machining carbs will require to fit the FS, I might as well go for ITB's.

IMHO, There's a reason why all cars (AFAIK manufacturered these days) use fuel injection, it maximizes both performance and fuel efficiency. It just doesn't make sense to me to switch.

Its more hassle than its worth, and the gains minimal, at best. I did this to my old '86 civic hatch (peep)...removed the the efi, and installed dual 40mm Weber Side Draft DCOE carbs on an '87 Integra motor. I had to use my own cable driven choke, custom intake mani, toggle switch for an independent fuel pump, and a bunch of other nightmares..hehe The car was fast and the Weber's looked real nice with velocity stacks but, really not worth the trouble. I'd just stay with the nice smoother running efi.

Back