Corksport Bronzeoil Shift Linkage Bushings

Action Jackson

Contributor
http://www.corksport.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=0&mainURL=%2Fstore%2Findex.php3%3Fcat%3D220747

http://www.corksport.com/content/00/01/06/61/73/shop/products/images/530102.jpg

I hope I got that title right.

I did a search and PM'ed a few people. This product seems like it's worth it.

I would like to know from someone who drives hard or does lapping days / racing with this.

How is it holding up for you?

How is it holding up for you as a daily driver if you don't "race"?

I'm going to pair this up with some Kartboy Shifter Bushings.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see people interested in this mod. Having $40 bucks burning a hole in my pocket, I had to decide which set of bushings would give me the best bang for the buck. I couldn't imaging the Kartboy's would do as much to improve shifting feel and performance as the Corksports so I got em.

I installed about 2 months and 3k miles ago. I used all the advice I could find on the forum and had no problems installing. Tightening the bolt at the shift-lever and testing before you drop the car is critical. I immediatly noticed an improvement in shift feel and speed.

The biggest difference, however, comes when you're really hustling the gears. The speed really has increased. There seems to be no binding in the middle of the lever stroke like there was with the stock plastic bushings. I can move the lever as fast as the synchros will let me which ends up being pretty fast.

There is no snick-snick to a gear change like in an S2000 or even a Miata. But when it counts, I'm deffinatly not missing shifts like I used to.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Yup, good choice.
I currently have a B&M short shifter (worth every penny, looks good to) with a Medium Weight Sparco Tourino Knob(increases the speed of my throw) mated to CorkSport B/Bushings (faster responce) Kartboy staybalizer bar bushings (more direct imput and feed back) and mobil syntec grease all over the shifter ball and bushings; the feel is direct. Youll notice your self being able to shift quicker and sharper. If you truly want to go all out switch your gear oil to Mobil1 SynTech gear oil and get AWR motor mounts. The shifts are quick and presice and you wont miss a shift. And if you do the oil is so good it literally feels softer the grinding that is. I have this set up and I commute everyday to the City (queens to Manhattan) and do some Cone killing in the summer. ive had this set up for 14 months now and no problems. Good Luck!

Just an update.

Did 1 track day since I got the above things installed. Works great.

Will do another track day tomorrow.

I would recommend the Bronzeoils and Kartboy bushings to anyone. Just make sure that the Bronzeoils will be compatible with your aftermarket shifter.

For sure the Bronzeoils are compatible with the stock P5 and Mazdaspeed Protege shifters.

I put in the kartboy shifter bushings when I installed my B&M, but I'm trying to picture where exactly do these bushings by Corksport go in the scheme of things... Also, what about the stabilizer bar bushings? I love the improved shifting/feel with the setup I currently have, but I know it can still be improved (esp. the how notchy 2nd still is).

If anyone could describe a little bit more how this all works together, or even throw up a couple pics/diagrams, that'd be great!

i have the B&m SS, Kartboy brushings, and these brusings

when it's cold, it's awsome shiftin, no play and positive shifts, GREAT MOD!

Back