"Mazdaspeed Lightened flywheel"?

flywheels in general, or this flywheel in particular?

care to elaborate?

I could be wrong, but I think I remember hearing that flywheel is 15lbs vs the stock 17lbs... If this is the case, it probably isn't worth it when a 9lb wheel can be had...

Take all above info with a grain of salt... I am going purely off of memory...

im not a flywheel fan i dont think they are needed in proteges. The stock one will work just fine. Just get a nice clutch and bushing. Esp if you going to get SC'd lighter flywheel is pretty much just more wheelspin.

well, I have the Spec Stage 2 already (not installed yet)

thanks for your input, I haven't 100% decided to get a flywheel at all, I'm looking at my options

can anyone confirm the weight on this?

i have owned this flywheel, it is only two pounds lighter than stock and was the biggest waste of cash i have put down on a car mod

Haha, ok thanks Ken.

I noticed it over at Corksport and thought it might be worth it for the price, depending on weight. Guess not :)

I'm not feeling that spending $400+ on a flywheel is a good use of money either...

nate0123 said:
Haha, ok thanks Ken.

I noticed it over at Corksport and thought it might be worth it for the price, depending on weight. Guess not :)

I'm not feeling that spending $400+ on a flywheel is a good use of money either...

the cars revs much smoother, quicker and nicer with the fidanza IMO. remember you are sponsored by me so you should be PMming me to see what I can do for you in this regard, mister nate :D

i like my 7.5lb fidanza, i love the way it revs up so easily. took a couple days to get used to launching with it without stalling out, but now that i am back to stock on a new car, i miss the clutch/flywheel combo i had, and my kartboy short shifter and bushings.

i plan to move all those parts over to my new car shortly. :)

dont forget, lighter flywheels are great for quick revving but they are bad for high hp and faster speeds, they will rev down quicker due to less rotational mass. I think our stockers are perfect. Just get it machined when you install your clutch

gaahh, everyone seems to have different opinions... I don't know what to do :(

well, my opinion that stock is best the only opinion, rest I stated is fact. depends on what you want. lighter flywheel=less rotational mass=quicker revving up but quicker revving down, generally used for lower hp applications, heavier flywheel=more rotational mass=slower revving but slower revving down too and generally used for higher hp applications. choice is yours

I've never driven a car with a lightened flywheel, so I don't know what it's like

me either, but seeing as your gonna be WOMP'ed, I'd stay with stock. but thats my opinion

thats what i was trying to say so yes...
vindication said:
well, my opinion that stock is best the only opinion, rest I stated is fact. depends on what you want. lighter flywheel=less rotational mass=quicker revving up but quicker revving down, generally used for lower hp applications, heavier flywheel=more rotational mass=slower revving but slower revving down too and generally used for higher hp applications. choice is yours

Back