Cooland Flush

ohioan

:
Ms3, silver gt
How easy/hard is it to do?

I need some pointers and what not. Don't want to pay the dealer $150. I'm sure I can do it for around $20 + time.

I know animals will die if they lick it... It's sweet like suga!

Anyone do there's yet?

Unless the MS3 had something radically different than other cars' coolant systems, I would just say do the following. Buy a few gallons of deionized water. Jack the car up and put on stands. Find out where your drain plug is on the radiator (there's usually a little plastic opening you can open so you don't have to take the bumper off or anything). Unscrew and let it drain (takes a while). Once it's done, screw plug back in. Fill radiator with deionized water. Run car for a minute at most. Repeat the flushing process. Do this until you see only water coming out. Then, flush one more time and repeat process with coolant until you see only coolant coming out. This is how I would do mine. There's a bunch of other ways as I'm sure many other people will post on here.

i have to do the same. except the stealership told me that the extended warrenty i have dosnt cover blockages of any of the fluid systems (ie..oil,water,fuel...etc). SO, im stuck with a friggin $600 towing/diag bill, and a overheating 03.5 MSP!!!! (rules) FML!! not thread jacking just looking for answers my self. does any one have anyother methonds that arent as red neck as viniger, or lets see...oh...CLR!! either way...thanx in advance

Unless the MS3 had something radically different than other cars' coolant systems, I would just say do the following. Buy a few gallons of deionized water. Jack the car up and put on stands. Find out where your drain plug is on the radiator (there's usually a little plastic opening you can open so you don't have to take the bumper off or anything). Unscrew and let it drain (takes a while). Once it's done, screw plug back in. Fill radiator with deionized water. Run car for a minute at most. Repeat the flushing process. Do this until you see only water coming out. Then, flush one more time and repeat process with coolant until you see only coolant coming out. This is how I would do mine. There's a bunch of other ways as I'm sure many other people will post on here.

I'll give this a whirl. Thanks!

If you're looking around, distilled water is easier to find in cheap big quantities and serves the purpose just as well as deionised water.

my problem was a t-stat dude!! start there...remember its alwasy goin to be something simple..the simple answer might not be the 1 we want to hear at the time....but it is normally the rightn one..lol.

I do have to say... pretty easy!

Only problem was one of the screws for the engine cover was replaced with one of those expanding pin things(?) and had to break it to get it out. But other then that, CAKE!

Back