Computer Help

Jliao

:
BO G35 Coupe
Recently my video card setting are starting to go weird. Whenever I adjust my video card brightness/gamma setting, it always go back to default when I get into a full screen game (in this case it would be counter-strike). Then, after I quit CS, the brightness/gamma would stay dark until I go back into the Color adjustment setting. It just start to do this, and I have no clue why it does this and how to fix this. Any computer whiz can help?

I've already reinstalled counter-strike and my display driver, but no luck...

Last edited:
I installed it off the driver I d/led from ATI website. It didn't have this problem before, but all of sudden it start to do this.

you know I had a problem with my old gladiac, it is kinda like your motherboard it has memory or systemrom, and the battery. You can either reset the battery on the Video Card, or you can reset, in a command prompt, throught IRQ request. There is another way but i forgot how to do it.. But it kinda sounds like your presets for your schemes need to be reset.

I wish I know how to reset my scheme. Though, I don't have battery on my video card, nor can I access my video card via command prompt, and IRQ sure do not reset. Maybe I should try taking the card out and putting back in again?

maybe, have you tried emailing ATI, I dont know about ATI, but ELsa, and older Voodoo's you could reset by IRQ. But I maybe take out and maybe try another slot, wait that probably wouldnt work becuase its probably AGP, and you probably only have one slot. But if it is PCI move it to another. Even though I dont think it would help but it might. But I would just email ATI, or do whatever they do for technical support. Just my 2 cents

OK this will be long but I think it'll help (do lots of tech support for comps).

What operating system are you running?

Try this anyway:
1. Go to add/remove and remove the driver if you're in XP. Otherwise, go to device manager and delete the driver. Also, if the drivers came with an uninstall program, do that.

2. Restart your computer in SAFE MODE. Hit F5 button while the computer is starting up. Timing is important, so just keep hitting F5 until you get a menu or you see it stating something like "bypassing normal startup". If it asks, choose Safe Mode.

3. Once in Safe Mode, check Device Manager. Are there more than one video card listed? If so, delete ALL of them. Do the same for monitors - delete all.

4. Restart your computer normally. When it asks for video drivers, click NO. Same for monitor.

5. Follow the instructions in your manual for your video card for installing the drivers.

6. Restart once again and install drivers for monitor (should just be "plug and play monitor" or something to that effect).

7. Try it out and pray really really fast.

If you don't get the problem, you can try to reinstall the drivers, though I usually don't recommend it unless you're noticing a loss of performance with the normal drivers.

Hope that helps you out!

LZ

what about the email, or tech support to them. I am kinda stumped, do you still have the manual that came with it, or maybe you can find it online, and look were to reset your schemes.

I tried emailing ATI, but they sent me to some Multimedia Center support (which has nothing to do with Multimedia Center), and if I use phone call support, they go with Microsoft Style -- charge you $19 bucks per call.

Go to this link below if you havent already, download this and then try that prior step again, with the whole safe mode, then uninstall. Do you have service pack 1. A lot of companies come out with different drivers monthly or weekly, if they get problems then they just make a new driver. The only other thing I can think of is that it might have to do with something in your overlay properties, but i dont know how ATI has there menu's and option settings set up. Maybe this will help

http://mirror.ati.com/support/drive...prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=14&submit.y=10

Atomicans will fix it they allways do

Hey man these guys will fix it for you they are the biggest group of geeks that love s*** like this just post in the forum in the right topic area tell them your full system specs and allways say thxs to the Atomicans or they will **** you up big time.
WWW.atomicmpc.com.au

(rockon)

FFR <--- The best accronym in the computer world, well, ok, pcmcia and macintosh are good ones too..

Fdisk
Format
Reinstall

Always works..

Have you checked the tabs for options to reset back to factory settings?

ATI are known for bad drivers too, so you may have been hit by some bad drivers.

Are they M$ certified?

If you do FFR, don't forget to back up your stuff, and check twice, cause after that, it's all gone..

try also checking http://technet.microsoft.com

P.S. you can probably skip the Fdisk, unless you want to (it's deleting the partition, and recreating it, then formats, usually done to help remove trojan viruses..)

Back