Cold air intake....

Captain KRM P5 said:
yep. thats exactly what i broke :(

Luckily, I only broke the outlet for the return hose to the manifold and I've been able to drive it for the last three weeks. The only noticeable problem is gas mileage is down a tiny bit and the damn whistling noise from the open vaccuum line! Also, if you have to go to the dealer for this part, it'll be anywhere from $75 to $90. I got mine online for $59 to my door.

Captain KRM P5 said:
neither AEM or ractive show dyno charts on thier website. Injen boasts that 15 whp is gained from thier intake but having owned one myself I can tell you that there is no way I got anything near that. Anything less restrictive than the stock airbox will net you some gains - and of course give your engine that growl :)

i would personally say, yes, the price is due to brand name.

a dyno done on an automatic p5 on this site with the AWR header and short ram style intake gained about 20 whp, i think most of that came from the AWR header.

I doubt you will see 20 whp on a P5 unless it was turbo and making 200+ hp to begin with. With a header and intake you might see 8-10. With an intake alone you will likely see just 2-4 hp. But it will sound cool as sh*t!

redfyre said:
I doubt you will see 20 whp on a P5 unless it was turbo and making 200+ hp to begin with. With a header and intake you might see 8-10. With an intake alone you will likely see just 2-4 hp. But it will sound cool as sh*t!

I agree, having a P5 with a turbo myself :)

which is why in that quote I said: a dyno done on an automatic p5 on this site with the AWR header and short ram style intake gained about 20 whp, i think most of that came from the AWR header.

its ok i got something going in it by the end of the year that i wont need the aem (laugh) (evil) (thought)

one more thing, you could always get the EBAY cai, no real difference at all. what really counts is the filter. What you really are paying for is the name and the filter. The tubing is pretty easy to manufacture with all the right parts. Many of the people who have bought the ebay cai are very happy people. Looks exactly like the INJEN - the INJEN sticker. Other than that, it mounts the same way, the piping is the same length, same diameter and same bends. But its up to you what you want to do. Ebay CAI - $50 then add a good filter to it, example: K&N - $40 at the most, and then total, about $90. Rather than the Injen is over 200. If you want looks go for the injen, if you just simply don't care go for the EBAY Cai....

I broke that too!
I put the drill on max torque...
Cheap piece of plastic crap.
Can it be harmful to the car?

Captain KRM P5 said:
yep. thats exactly what i broke :(

Back