codes to unlock NAV while driving?

whitey4311

:
MS3 GT Black Mica w/nav
Anyone know where to search or can hook me up if there is a way to unlock NAV so I can use it while driving?

I would think it is probably just a contact you need to over ride you just need to find a shematic and figure out which wire to splice and just hook up your own switch or to ground depending on what it needs to see to let you operate it...

moved to correct forum...

tsunami said:
I would think it is probably just a contact you need to over ride you just need to find a shematic and figure out which wire to splice and just hook up your own switch or to ground depending on what it needs to see to let you operate it...
I have looked into this and have not been able to find a way. The lockout is based on speed, not a contact like the neutral switch or hand brake. If you notice, it works fine stopped, like at a red light, and doesn't lock out until about 5 mph. Navs know what speed you are going so only a software fix will do it.

OK if i buy this gadgetfrom Kenwood can i basically hook up anything to the stock MS3 Bose and NAV.

Kenwood's Carpotal KOS-V500 Expansion Solution lets you can build the ultimate A/V system without replacing your the factory system. Add high-speed iPod control of both audio and video. Enjoy navigation, satellite radio, Bluetooth technology, and HD Radio, and much more. The KOS-V500 even includes two relay control outputs for control of garage doors, gates, trunk releases—the sky’s the limit!

Interfaces with Factory Radios to Build the Ultimate A/V System
Control with the KOS-L702 touch-screen
Control with the supplied remote and use existing LCD screen
Selectable AM/FM tuner with RDS+
Can be used as a stand-alone source with KOS-L702
USB Port for iPod or Compatible Player
High Speed iPod Control of Audio and Video
Includes 1 AV input/1 output for Video Sources
Front, Rear and Sub (2V) pre-outs for Amplifiers
Reverse Camera input
System E’s Crossovers
RGB input for Navigation
2 Relay Control Outputs: garage door, trunk, lights, etc.
4-Line text display for Satellite, iPod, USB, etc.
Satellite Radio Ready, Bluetooth Ready, HD Radio Ready

I find it a litlle silly in that you can still navigate thru the five things on screen, just not page down

So, if you have your five mostly likely destiantions in the Preset Dest menu, you can still set them while driving.

I mean if the real intent was to stop you, why don't they ???

Back