code 2187

Protephile said:
Hey Derek, when did you take on the mod role?

bout a week ago, me and orlando (zoomvt) both got MOD status and now thebeansoldier is a technical mod...not sure what that means yet but im working on it /threadjack

mobo... will work on that pic for you i remember seeing one somewhere...

Last edited:
kdtn3p.jpg

originally posted by bagman1... av for oem mazda parts... damn man that was a b**** trying to find where i saw that lol...

I have no idea why anyone wants to "DIY" replace it... why spend money on useless crap like this? get it replaced for FREE from the dealer under WARRANTY!

the only reason(s) i would do it myself is this. If i take the car to the delaer they always keep it for 2 days. The dealer is 40 Miles away from my house (closest dealer). I am 20 years old so I cannot rent a car. Basically I have to drive the car to the dealer and have my mom follow me, get the free rental, and then drive her car home. Then I have to go through the same crazy process to get the car back. Basically its a huge pain in the ass. Its free parts but factoring in all the time I have to waste its almost not worth it.

its only a ******* 30 minute repair job! I have no idea why those dickheads would leave the car in the lot for 2 days instead of making you wait in the lounge for 30 minutes while they go look at it and fix what needs to be fixed or tell you that there's some serious s*** going on and you'll have to leave the car with them

i'm just telling you what always happens. I tell them what is broken and to be ready for it when I come in. They tell me they have to look at it first, order the parts, and install them when they come in the next day. I would go to rosenthal mazda but its even farther than annapolis.

are there drivability issues associated with the purge valve "problem"? I just 25k on my 04 and I haven't had that issue yet. Then again, the dealership barely wants to touch my car cause it's tagged as "highly modified".

mobomelter said:
i'm just telling you what always happens. I tell them what is broken and to be ready for it when I come in. They tell me they have to look at it first, order the parts, and install them when they come in the next day. I would go to rosenthal mazda but its even farther than annapolis.

that is proper procedure but since the purge valve leakage is a known problem on some vehicles, they are supposed to stock parts for those... so the fault lies with your bad dealer's parts department being cheap asses

what you need to do first is call the parts department first, then ask them if they have that part in stock and how many they have, then you call back to the service department and bring the car in and tell them that you want it fixed within an hour

damn duden your dealer must either be very good or they hate your guts. lol
my dealer is the only mazda dealer in the area (about 75 miles radius) and you have to get in there at least 7-10 days ahead of time to get an appointment. Then they are usually very good about turning it around in the same day. but they dont provide rentals; unless you specifically say so when you make the appointment; then they tell you that they wont have one for 20 days.

how rough is it? it drops to around 750 RPMS for the most part. I noticed that mine sometimes drops a tiny bit below that and i can feel a rough idle that annoys me. Now, i ntoiced that a lot of times i feel the rough idling i was playing musinc loud with my amp and sub thumping. If they are pulling a lot of power off the battery then you may feel a rougher idle; at least i was told that. I dont feel it all the time either.

i had mobo's problem for a while it is a nasty idle... especially with the awr mount and the ac on... mine was wierd it woudl just stall out with out a sputter or anything it would just stop like i shut it off normally...

on my focus simplying using nicer oil got rid of my crappy idle. I am tempted to try changing to amsoil (what i used in the focus) and see if that helps any. The other thing i found odd about this purge valve is I unplugged it and started the car and didn't get a CEL. I thought that was kind of odd....

mobomelter said:
the only reason(s) i would do it myself is this. If i take the car to the delaer they always keep it for 2 days. The dealer is 40 Miles away from my house (closest dealer). I am 20 years old so I cannot rent a car. Basically I have to drive the car to the dealer and have my mom follow me, get the free rental, and then drive her car home. Then I have to go through the same crazy process to get the car back. Basically its a huge pain in the ass. Its free parts but factoring in all the time I have to waste its almost not worth it.

you can rent a car if your over 18, mazda has contracts with enterprise rent a car, I am 20 and I have a rent a car right now actually because my car is in the shop getting a new wastegate under warrenty

hmmm the mazda dealership I go to doesn't have enterprise in the dealership. I mean I don't know why I can't rent a car when I am 4 months from turning 21. Anyways.... is there anyway I can take this valve off the car and attempt to clean it?

PlatinumMSP said:
you can rent a car if your over 18, mazda has contracts with enterprise rent a car, I am 20 and I have a rent a car right now actually because my car is in the shop getting a new wastegate under warrenty

rental laws varies state to state

mobomelter said:
hmmm the mazda dealership I go to doesn't have enterprise in the dealership. I mean I don't know why I can't rent a car when I am 4 months from turning 21. Anyways.... is there anyway I can take this valve off the car and attempt to clean it?

it's not a simple matter of cleaning it.... its just simply defective because its a cheaply built 3rd world made piece of s***

Back