Votes: 94 87.9%
  • Hell No Have different plans

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Eh I love my stock tune don't care

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I'm trading my MS6 for a Civic

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Oh man, WE NEED THIS!!!! Even if COBB only puts out the unit with a single BASIC tune others could then start to support it... I'm sorry but Piggybacks are just lame.... The only real way to tune is by flashing or just replacing the whole ECU...

I want I want... the amount of time I keep my MS6 depends on this!

So, sadly I just went to the Cobb website, and saw they released the Legacy GT Accessport, and stupidly went to see the available maps.

I am now crying on the inside. I should have bought the Legacy, solely for the AP.

I hate you Cobb.

Hey guys... not sure if you know me from the other forums, but I can try giving Cobb a call tomorrow and talking to some of the guys I know. I had plans to buy an MS3 for the last year, and have an 08.5 on order... But if all goes well, I will be picking up a fully loaded MS6 GT this weekend, and will certainly miss the ability to COBB tune the car. So I'm on board too!

Also, their SF Intake should be available to the MS6 crowd soon enough, it's just a matter of developing a properly fitting bracket.

Please be respectful to a tuner with a reputation like COBBs... saying **** them isn't really helping the matter, just showing some ignorant bitterness. COBB or not, I'm making the right decision is buying the MS6 for myself rather than the MS3... If COBB releases the AP for these cars, great... If not, I'll live.

Price

Even if the price is the same as the piggybacks it's waaaaaay better!

ARG, now there is the new plug in tuner and still no way to flash the ECU.... weak.

Not sure about this, but under Mazdaspeed6 on their site, there's a pic of an accessport with "under development" over it? Is this new? I'd hands down go for a flash programmer to tune rather than any piggyback system. At this point, even all the comparisons between all the piggybacks, I'm wasting more money (Time is Money) comparing them all than if Cobb doubled the piggyback prices. I don't even care what it costs anymore, Cobb, please give us an accessport!

Yea i completely agree

A buddy of mine had an 05 Legacy GT and he bought a Cobb AP for it. The accessport had only one map on it and the car was bone stock, yet it still managed to turn that legacy into a ******* animal. Just imagine what it could do to a car with more power like the Speed6.

Come on Cobb!!!

I can't see why is so difficult to make the access port work for the speed6. The speed3 has the same ECU and the same engine and engine sensors. The only different is the AWD part. I want to believe that soon they will come up with something. The APtuner as divice (hardware) is all ready made. Is matter of changing the speed3 program a bit. (drive2)

I can't see why is so difficult to make the access port work for the speed6. The speed3 has the same ECU and the same engine and engine sensors. The only different is the AWD part. I want to believe that soon they will come up with something. The APtuner as divice (hardware) is all ready made. Is matter of changing the speed3 program a bit. (drive2)

The technical stuff isn't the barrier. The difficulty of getting AP developed, produced, and in the hands of MS6 tuners lies in that the MS6 is at the bottom of Cobb's priorities, it seems.

Prove me wrong, Cobb.

Since, Cobb is a legendary source for tuning in the suby crowd I would be grateful if they decided to dive into the MS6. Their products are truly amazing and if they do release the AP for the MS6, they will basically own the tuning market for the MS6 as there is yet to be a good tuning source.

If there isn't a good tuning solution for this car, people will not stay in the market for a ms6 for long.

We should all go on the cobb forums and post there for them to make one.

**Btw, they are looking for a test MS6 in the salt lake city area is anyone is interested. Please be our guinea pig for all of us that own an MS6. Info it on the cobb forums: http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Last edited:
Back