Can we get a sticky that lists all MS6 tuners? Cobb and CPE ??

all4bspinnin

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
When i talked to cobb, not many big time tuners had the professional tuner software... I called topspeed in Alpharetta GA, who used to tune my suby, and they said they havent received the software yet (havent bought it)... they said if i can get a few people together, they will purchase the software... if interested let them know www.topspeedsales.com

So other than TS, where are you guys getting your AP's protuned at?

Who is familiar with these cars? Is everyone self tuning?

From what cobb said... the mazda ecu calibrates based on a torque calculation and not a loan calculation like subarus, evo's, etc...

topspeed was confident they could tune it, but i would like to know if someone out there is more familiar and can lay a nice stage 1 map down...

If you know of a local tuner, post their name and location if possible...

Thanks!!

nooooooooooooo.... that was not what im looking for....

this is an example of what im talking about...
showpost.php

If the info starts to roll in to do this, we will sticky a thread. Until then it's not really worth doing if we don't have a lot of info.

exactly... looking for dealers that can tune the mazdaspeed 3/6 platforms...

btw, flightmedic... how do you like your catback and cobb stage 1? Im looking for a 3 inch exhaust thats quiet, esp at idle and on the highway but sounds good when i get on it... hows the drivability, power, and gas mileage with the cobb stage 1?

we have experience with the Standback, the XEDE and several other systems. Our local partner is one of the premier if not the authoritative tuner of AccessORT, so hit me up if you need our services.

exactly... looking for dealers that can tune the mazdaspeed 3/6 platforms...

btw, flightmedic... how do you like your catback and cobb stage 1? Im looking for a 3 inch exhaust thats quiet, esp at idle and on the highway but sounds good when i get on it... hows the drivability, power, and gas mileage with the cobb stage 1?

i cant speak for flightmedic but i have almost the same setup minus the TP and i must say the magnaflow is the closest to sounding stock when your taking it easy. you defenetly fell the difference when u flash the car with stage1. im using the stage 1+ sf 91 oct v101, but im gonna have my car fine tuned next month by a shop that already successfully tuned a speed3.

i cant speak for flightmedic but i have almost the same setup minus the TP and i must say the magnaflow is the closest to sounding stock when your taking it easy. you defenetly fell the difference when u flash the car with stage1. im using the stage 1+ sf 91 oct v101, but im gonna have my car fine tuned next month by a shop that already successfully tuned a speed3.

Love the magnaflow but it isn't 3 inch it is 2.5. Has a nice rumble over the stock exhaust and isn't too noisy. Stage one isn't crazy power but definitely feels faster than stock. It pulls harder through the whole rpm range too which is the biggest bonus. Gas mileage I don't notice a difference over stock but I never really did a true comparison. I am in the process up upgrading to a new DP, Exhaust mani, L/A IC, and getting a custom tune done.

Hey all4bespinnan!

I recognise your name from Nasioc. I just got rid of my fpgreen ewg sti for the ms6. Sounds like youre gonna mod yours. I have been trying to decide what route i want to go. I think cpe standback is the only real time tuning option, someone please correct me if i am wrong.

Ravi

thanks for the info on the magnaflow... so whats the most quiet 3 inch exhaust? Anything with multiple resonators/mufflers?

HEY RAVI!!!!! whats going on!!?

Ive been hearing a lot about the standback as well... it seems its that vs the cobb AP... im leaning towards the cobb due to the interchangeability of maps...

the only thing is, after having that noisy sti, i still want something fast, but mostly on the quieter side... I guess i could get something custom, but i really do not like custom exhausts... hmmm.... any ideas guys? the magnaflow 2.5 should be ok... its the downpipe that makes the power

thanks for the info on the magnaflow... so whats the most quiet 3 inch exhaust? Anything with multiple resonators/mufflers?

HEY RAVI!!!!! whats going on!!?

Ive been hearing a lot about the standback as well... it seems its that vs the cobb AP... im leaning towards the cobb due to the interchangeability of maps...

the only thing is, after having that noisy sti, i still want something fast, but mostly on the quieter side... I guess i could get something custom, but i really do not like custom exhausts... hmmm.... any ideas guys? the magnaflow 2.5 should be ok... its the downpipe that makes the power

Yeah you wont notice much of a difference in power between a 2.5" and a 3" exhaust. People put the 3" on more for the sound than anything else. Downpipe is where you will notice the bigger gains.

just like the subaru... that was the major exhaust upgrade...

does protege garage make a recirc pipe for their EWG'd manifold?

Ive had a screamer pipe from the subaru's EWG and it was awesome, but the mazda is more refined and id like to keep it quiet

just like the subaru... that was the major exhaust upgrade...

does protege garage make a recirc pipe for their EWG'd manifold?

Ive had a screamer pipe from the subaru's EWG and it was awesome, but the mazda is more refined and id like to keep it quiet

i'd make one if i had a car here

i'd make one if i had a car here

I'm probably about 4-5 hours away. I'll be looking to buy an intercooler and water/methanol injection from you in about 6 or so weeks. When I do that, I don't mind driving up if you want to experiment on a new product for the MS6.

Back