***class Action Lawsuit***

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont you guys do any research BEFORE you buy a car? you gain nothing by doing the research AFTER you've bought it. AND, the majority of tire wear problems are alignment related, not platform related. the car leaves the factory with an alignment "just" good enough to get it from the factory to the boat to the dealer. then, the dealer is "supposed" to do a pre-delivery alignment on the car. if they didn't, tire wear is going to be exceptionally excessive. and even if they did perform the alignment, i highly doubt it was a precision alignment that most modern cars and tires require.

SO than I guess all those threads about unven tire thread and eatng up tires before 15k should be ignored.....

I have an 06 mazda5 and ive got no more than 35,000km on them and they are bald, to the point where there is literally no tred. Ive got a new set coming in which is why i havnt swapped them out.

Crap is all i can say.

SO than I guess all those threads about unven tire thread and eatng up tires before 15k should be ignored.....

unless you can show me what the alignment specs were for those cars compared to the specs from mazda. i can tell you though, if the alignment on my protege isn't "Just" right, i eat through tires faster than a fat man uses up toilet paper. AND, the specs might fall within mazda's numbers and be "In the Green" but the car still eats tires. is that mazda's fault? not really. because when i get a good alignment on my car, i only have to rotate the tires once a year instead of the once a month when the alignment is "Off".

Few points to make here first of all, yeah, you definitely shouldve researched before you bought rather than after. Youve only had it for two weeks so you have NO clue that youll even experience this issue. It just doesnt make for a very convincing argument to rally up a lawsuit when you arent even a victim? At least not yet (and @ 21k miles, my tires are wearing quite evenly).

2nd, if you wouldve researched the 5, you wouldve found out very easily that the 2006s had an issue with the exhaust systems causing fires. EVEN THOUGH the blame with this issue goes to driver idiocy (some drivers drove distances at freeway speeds in like 2nd gear, "heres your sign"), Mazda not only made a recall for the issue and upgraded the exhaust to prevent it in the future, they also gave many owners a loaner for free for like a month while they diagnosed the problem, and I think $500 cash to boot, just for the inconvenience. Futhermore, when a change to SIRIUS satellite radios signal occurred and my OEM sat radio went dead, they upgraded the software for free and gave me a SIRIUS gift card for the month that I lost. Bottom line, Mazda knows how to treat their customers, so dont act like youve uncovered their diabolical plot to hide us from the truth.

Finally, this tire issue, if you even want to call it that, is not causing blowouts like the Ford Explorer days circa Y2K. Its just that the tread is going bye-bye faster than some expect, which you should be monitoring by yourself anyway. Not to mention Mazda Full-Circle service gives you a printout update on your 5s brake pads and tire tread life every time you take it into the shop so theyre taking the hard work off your shoulders. Anyway, if you monitor it like you should, you can easily tell when they need replacement, which gives you an opportunity to go buy some quality tires. OEM tires are always junk unless youre buying a Bimmer or Vette.

The Fight Club reference is exactly what Ford did with the Pinto, but it's not reflective of how most automakers actually approach things (excepting maybe Ford).

To claim that uneven tire wear is a safety issue is genuinely asinine. If YOU don't check your tires' condition and let them wear through the tread, down into the cord, and they fail, then YOU are a safety issue.

I have no interest in getting a law firm rich and 'winning' a $5 gift certificate towards my next Mazda purchase over this. I expect that CAREFUL alignment (once we can figure out what the specs need to be) will almost entirely eliminate this issue. That alignment may cause us to lose some or even a lot of the Zoom-Zoom feel. If that's OK to each of us, we'll make the change. If it's not, we'll buy more tires and keep the feel we like.

There are things about the Mazda that annoy me, but uneven tire wear isn't really something that comes to mind. I don't notice any uneven wear yet, but I don't exactly have a ton of miles on the car either. If I do have uneven wear, I'll replace the OEM tires with actually decent tires, throw a camber kit in the car, and have the alignment done somewhere that's reputable.

I'd actually be happy to see these stockers wear out fast. I don't particularly like these tires. Not that I ever like OEM tires all that much, mind you.

29K here, some cupping and road noise, my wife doesn't notice it. Regular rotations, one alignment since new. We're just about to the wear bars so the tires will be replaced in the next month. The tires lasted longer than two other cars I've had since new. I keep the tires around 36-38 psi.

I have no interest in pursuing any legal action. What I'm really curious about is whether those that have already rolled up substantial miles on replacement tires have the same issue.

Like I said earlier.....you guys love Mazda and will probly defend them until the end......great! You guys are loyle customers.

And thats why Corp's can get away with issues like these......

You guys are just making excuses for Mazda.

no, its called being rational....
Like I said earlier.....you guys love Mazda and will probly defend them until the end......great! You guys are loyle customers.

If you're not happy with your car, take it back and get a different one then. Don't sit there and try to figure out a way of getting money out of a car company.

QFT. Class Action Lawsuits only benefit lawyers that get their jollies over frivolous suits.

REALLY!

Last time Honda had a class action lawasuit, I got $200.....$100 check and $100 towards service reapair..;)

So dont tell me they only benfit lawyers.(no)

i don't love mazda and even i don't think this is a problem that warrants a class action lawsuit or anything formal at all. the best you could hope for is a TSB calling for a better alignment by the dealer.

like i said earlier mazda has more serious problems with other vehicles that are ignored than tires wearing a little early. this isn't a battle that is going to be worth fighting

i don't love mazda and even i don't think this is a problem that warrants a class action lawsuit or anything formal at all. the best you could hope for is a TSB calling for a better alignment by the dealer.

like i said earlier mazda has more serious problems with other vehicles that are ignored than tires wearing a little early. this isn't a battle that is going to be worth fighting

Especially for an extra $200.

lol you got $200 and the lawfirm probably got $20million...so yeah......

The funniest thing i find about this is that you say you havent even had these issues yet but here you are, ready to go after mazda....
REALLY!

Last time Honda had a class action lawasuit, I got $200.....$100 check and $100 towards service reapair..;)

So dont tell me they only benfit lawyers.(no)

If you're not happy with your car, take it back and get a different one then. Don't sit there and try to figure out a way of getting money out of a car company.

I also said earlier that...I LOVE MY 5...... im just trying to help the little guy who needs to buy tires every 15k miles....and making excuses that its not Mazda fault

I also said earlier that...I LOVE MY 5...... im just trying to help the little guy who needs to buy tires every 15k miles....and making excuses that its not Mazda fault

Then go buy better tires! Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back