Cheap gas in CT

SlowPro98

Contributor
:
02P5, 98ES,95miata
There's a small gas war in Vernon. Thorton's on 83 has been dropping like .02 every couple of days, so Valero and Citgo drop down too. I think I saw 3.8? on center street in manchester, but it was early and I didn't have any coffee. Anyone else seen it cheap?

I think I saw 3.79 in Avon yesterday. I haven't hunted around much since I've been back.

theres 2 stations in middletown on 66 right around where the old glory store is that were 3.6x (I think like 3.64 or 62) yesterday and today....go a few miles in either direction to meriden or portland and its 3.8x. Even the BJs in wallingford was only 3.71 tonight

3.61 at the hess in southie... thats good news to hear thortons and valero getting cheaper next time I come home to visit. I usually try to make it back to MA to fill up.

Get outta our thread massholes! (gtfo) lol Your hippy communist commonwealth doesn't tax the s*** outta their gas! That said, I do like making side trips up there so I can fill up.

2 of my cars require 91 and 93 and those are the two I typically drive the most so I'm stuck paying over 4 bucks a gallon still. My wife however paid 3.79 a gallon this weekend at Fast Eddy's off Exit 8 on 84 by Danbury.

born and raised in CT but couldn't take the gas tax so I got smart!!!(butt)

I grew up just nearby Thorntons and valero's

Bostons pretty awesome anyway. Hardly need a car in that city. Was reading an article predicting a return to 60 dollar a barrel gas again within 3 years due to conservation, new drilling, and the US government b**** slapping speculators. It could just as easy go the other way though.

ya i actually flop back and forth taking the train or driving to work. Keeps the car off the crappy roads and just use it for fun on the weekends etc. But didn't buy a pass this month.

Last edited:
hey now, my legal address is in ct and my car is registered in ct, so i have every reason to still b**** about ct prices :)

Call me when you start having fire sales on G8 GT 6 speeds (if they ever arrive at dealerships) :)

Ok, the other day I Got my haircut in Bristol on Rt 69 (awww yeah). 3.79 for 93 octaine. I filled up my Mustang for 45 bucks which a week ago cost me over 60

There's a small gas war in Vernon. Thorton's on 83 has been dropping like .02 every couple of days, so Valero and Citgo drop down too. I think I saw 3.8? on center street in manchester, but it was early and I didn't have any coffee. Anyone else seen it cheap?

stay away from thorntons gas, i put it in my bike, it sat in the bike over the winter, come spring everything was moldey. cost a fortune to get cleaned out. your best bet is the sun station in Ellington that takes cash only. its the cheapest you will find. and hasnt given me any problems. valero is good to.

The cheapest spot Ive seen is this small ass gas station right on the willi boarder. right before rt 6 highway onramp.

But I stick to Shell V-Power....... unless I'm really strapped for cash.. then I go to Stop&Shop Vernon. :)

Back