Centered steering wheel

Stratighten the steering wheel how? By adjusting the tie-rods? If so, which way do you turn the rods?

Wow... I'm not crazy... Mine does the same thing. Pushes left if I center the steering wheel...

i wouldnt suggust anyone pull their steering wheel off to re-center. not due to the hazard, everyone is aware of that. but the steering shaft is not splined, its hex, so you cant make small adjustments. i work at a mazda dealership, and have had many 3's appart

back.jpg

Yeah that would certainly make it difficult to center it that way. I just assumed all steering shafts were splined. So much for that plan...

mine pulls to the right if i center my steering wheel and when i stop it also pulls to the right but it only does it sometimes. My camber in my rear left tire is -3.3 while the right rear tire is -2.5. Could my camber cause that? Or it needs another alignment. It was aligned like couple months ago. Already need another alignment?...wtf...

It's a combination of brake force distribution which would be ruled out because the car has Electronic Brakeforce Distribution. It could be the roads if they are rutted or worn down a certain way.
On start up, because the car is front wheel drive, torque is delivered to one wheel a bit more than the other and can cause it to pull to the side with the wheel that gets more power no matter how underpowered the car is.
Also the short wheelbase doesn't help much for anything.
Hope I helped!

Well you didn't mention that part, you should bring it back to the body shop and have them give it a thorough looking over. Tell them about it and make them fix it.

Back