CEL Question

joshritger

:
2007 Galaxy Grey Mazda 3 S Hatchback (a.k.a. DILLA)
Today I got a CEL in my 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback. I do not have any engine mods. The CEL I got was P2187 which says that the fuel system is too lean at idle on the right bank (1st bank). I have just cleaned my MAF Sensor and tapped on the Purge Valve Solenoid to make sure that it isn't stuck as these were the two most common problems I found related to this CEL. My question is, will the CEL go away if I have fixed the problem, if so how long will it take? Also if it doesn't go away with the problem fixed, do I have to reset the ecu in order for the light to go out?

Thanks for the help,
Josh

Yes it will but unless you manually clear it, it usually takes a few days or drive cycles. I had the same cel on my speed 6. I fixed the prob and it went away about 3 days later.

At least in the speed 6. . .

coyfish what did you end up fixing to get the cel to go away, I cleaned my maf sensor and just removed the purge valve solenoid and tried to clean it with maf sensor cleaner and tapped it to see if it was stuck, just curious to see what fixed your error.

Well I have a turbo so my case was different. I had a kink in my recirc line that created a tiny leak. Air escaped which caused hesitation and rough idle.

Back