Mazda3 TCM Limp mode…Any insight?

scooterbob71

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
I haven't been on this forum in ages and I know there are posts about the Mazda 3 TCM.
I have a solenoid A, mostly, coming up. Solenoid B cropped up a couple of times.
I sent my TCM to one of the repair places they said it was bad "fixed" it and sent it back to me. Same issue when I tried it. Called them and long story short they had me send it back to them again. They "fixed" it again? Never told me what they found bad in it? I got it back same issue. The place refunded 75% of my $ back because I questioned their fix?
Can a dealership test a TCM to see if it's bad? From everything I've read it has to be the TCM.
Anybody have a known good one to sell?
Junk yards want a mint for them without knowing if they are any good.
Just looking for some supportive insight.

Why do you think the TCM is bad? It may be telling you the truth. Solenoids probably need replacing.

I haven't been on this forum in ages and I know there are posts about the Mazda 3 TCM.
I have a solenoid A, mostly, coming up. Solenoid B cropped up a couple of times.
I sent my TCM to one of the repair places they said it was bad "fixed" it and sent it back to me. Same issue when I tried it. Called them and long story short they had me send it back to them again. They "fixed" it again? Never told me what they found bad in it? I got it back same issue. The place refunded 75% of my $ back because I questioned their fix?
Can a dealership test a TCM to see if it's bad? From everything I've read it has to be the TCM.
Anybody have a known good one to sell?
Junk yards want a mint for them without knowing if they are any good.
Just looking for some supportive insight.
Well _ I have a 2010 Mazda 3 GT 2.5 - with automatic trans - It was a few years back around 110K miles and the gear indication lights on the dash were lit up as M manual - D rive -and Check Engine light -- anyway I read the symptoms and could drive it but it was rough and needed to manually gear up and down so I drove it once and tried to stay in 3rd gear - I then sourced a OE new TCM then ( 2019 ) about $500.
It was easy to locate under the battery , which I removed and a few other things _ historically they were to close to the exhaust mani and heated up -- thus it was moved off the firewall down to the frame area- It was like the kids game operation getting all three junctions disconnected and a few new tools to get the screws out - Put it all together - and 50K later still driving like new ?
No guarantees obviously -- but with mileage a factor - I knew I was keeping this car as the 2.5s of 2010-11 easily run 300K - without issues ---so if you are keeping it -- Im a go OE always person but hey - we all have different budgets -- I can say I would not want to dig it out again after using one thats not solid -- but best of luck -

Back