CEL on and car jerking when cruising

iredremix

:
MS3 Black Mica
hey whats up everybody, this is my first thread so bare with me. well about 2 days ago, i felt that my car was slightly jerking while cruising at all different speeds.. i thought it was my wheels/tires so i had them checked, they were balanced and pressures were correct. So i didn't think anything of it until i saw my CEL on yesterday, and the jerking is more obvious.

Any ideas? should i go straight to the dealer? should i bother disconnecting the battery? i have a feeling that they're gonna blame it in my cpe cai. my friend thinks my engine might be misfiring, and if they say it's my cai then they have to prove it by law right? need help guys

take the cai off and go in to the dealership man, this way you avoid them hassling you about it. good luck, im sorry to hear that.

the CEL has been on for a day now.. and it's steady.. i haven't driven the car since. should i try disconnecting the battery to reset the CEL?

i've found out that sometimes after i was my car or it rains... the next day, if i try to boost it will stumble because there is a tiny bit of moisture in the intake. drive around without boosting while the water evaporates. the cel will turn itself off in a few days.

is it happening when you try to boost or at very low rpms?

i've found out that sometimes after i was my car or it rains... the next day, if i try to boost it will stumble because there is a tiny bit of moisture in the intake. drive around without boosting while the water evaporates. the cel will turn itself off in a few days.

is it happening when you try to boost or at very low rpms?

u know what, now that i'm thinking about it.. when i'm around 3-4.5 rpm and i'm cruising i feel the car jerking. i'm gonna try to drive at low rpms

i bet that's what it is.

since it's been a few days, you're probably fine. but just for in the future, if it rains or you wash your car or something, take it easy for about a half hour or so the first time you drive it afterwards so the water has time to dissipate. :)

i've done it a few times. you're ok.

I had the same issue about two weeks after I got the car. I don't remember what the code was but they flashed the ECU and it's been good ever since.

I had the same issue about two weeks after I got the car. I don't remember what the code was but they flashed the ECU and it's been good ever since.

did u have the stock airbox? i'm wondering if it's from me getting carwashes once in a while

Back