cargo cover question

dohc97

I have a 2 week old CX9. As part of the deal, I was given a cargo cover for free. The first one was installed by the salesman. When I got home, I tried unhooking the cover to retract it. I called the salesman the following day and he told me that a replacement cover will be ordered for me. After a week, I got another cargo cover. Before installing it myself, I made sure that the cover retracts before installing it and after installing it. Today, April 29, when I tried to retract the cover, it again won't retract. I only got the cover on April 26. Is there any trick that I need to know to retract the cargo cover?

I have an Australian CX-9 and got the cargo cover; I expect that it would be the same?

It wouldn't retract after 1 day! I had checked it at the dealer and it was fine. I suspect a design fault if we are having the same non-retracting problem.

Anyone got a fix for this (other than going back to dealer and getting another cover)?

Gibbo

I'll have to dig mine out and try it. I got one thrown in with the deal but as we use 7 seats reasonably frequently I can't leave it in the car. So it has just sat in the garage and never been used.

I'll have to dig mine out and try it. I got one thrown in with the deal but as we use 7 seats reasonably frequently I can't leave it in the car. So it has just sat in the garage and never been used.

Let us know how it goes for you. I spoke to my salesman yesterday about returning the second defective cover and getting the all weather mat instead.

Here is my 2 cents. First, with the tinting, it's very hard to see behind the rear seat anyway. With the cargo cover in place, you're basically telling anyone peeking in there that you are trying to hide something. I find a black terry bath sheet works VERY well, and is a lot easier to store under the floor when not on use. It makes the rear cargo area look empty from the outside.

Here is my 2 cents. First, with the tinting, it's very hard to see behind the rear seat anyway. With the cargo cover in place, you're basically telling anyone peeking in there that you are trying to hide something. I find a black terry bath sheet works VERY well, and is a lot easier to store under the floor when not on use. It makes the rear cargo area look empty from the outside.

(stupid) oops, I mean (iagree)

Latest posts

Back