Car is shaking when i start to roll from a stop not getting on the gas hard...

xxskateratxx1

:
MazdaSpeed Protege
When i start to roll from a stop sign or whatever my car starts shaking hard for a few seconds and it doesnt happen all the time but it seems like its something upfront with my right wheel or something? I just got the wheel bearing done on the front right side.. Please help im not sure what this is or if its even safe right now...

Thanks!!

if its shaking all the time then something is definitely not right. id be scared if the knuckle or strut may have been left loose during assembly. my wheel bearing is bad right now and my car only shakes when getting in excess of 40mph which is why im not driving it until i get a new bearing put in. but again i would double check make sure everything is secured and check your tire for abnormal tire wear as a bad bearing will eat your tire up from all the vibrations.

Yeah im not sure what it is yet havnt had a chance to check it out but it may not even be the tire shaking maybe its something to do with the engine and the engine is shaking? Im not sure but its deffinetly something up front... the engine is not making any weird noises or anything like that I just did a valve cover gasket... No more oil leak.. No smoke nothing seems to be wrong with my motor itself... But im not sure whats going on... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Ill be checking it out tonight and hopefully have some more info...

is the check engine light on or flashing? only other thing i can think of that can cause an engine to shake is usually a misfire. and thats pretty evident with sputtering when you have one. i would also definitely check to make sure you WHEEL is securely bolted down. seen plenty of people forget to torque down their wheel properly.

No check engine light... Everything SEEMS to be fine with the engine... Ill have to take my wheel off when i get home and take a further look at it tonight.. It doesnt happen all the time but it does happen more than id like it to... just when i start rolling from a stop other than that it seems normal with no noises....

just curious but are you sure its not clutch chatter? id say if it happens again just slowly let out the clutch and give it a little less gas then you normally would and let the clutch do what it does, if it amplifies the issue then BAM you got a worn clutch or a warped flywheel. idk i could be way off but, soon as i read the title thats the first thing that came to mind (bc ive experienced it)

Check your motor mounts, you might need to get new ones, or if they're not shredded, you can buy inserts to make them stiff again. Might be the motor's vibrations at certain RPM that's causing the noise/shaking.

^This would be #1 on the list... Our mounts are notorious for tearing... passenger side and rear usually take the most abuse

when i first drive my car..... i left the hand brake on.....

it shakes and dies few times, and 3rd time i reved up before clutch engage it moves and dies.

4th time i finally get an eye on the hand brake =,=||| (sad face)

so i guess if your brake caliper are not moving freely , it might be rusted and stops wheel from moving, it will create shaky start too.

get a brake check / service if they are rusty (or didnt do brake service for long time)

Back