cai

quatelate

:
mazda, mazdaspeed protege
ok which is better an aem cai or the injen + when i get it how long should instalation take?

quatelate said:
ok which is better an aem cai or the injen + when i get it how long should instalation take?

Get a slinky and wrap it in plastic. Then put a coffee filter on the end of it.....

Ummm....I like my Injen. Don't know how the AEM is. Install is easy. The Injen whistles very loud upon acceleration. :)

My AEM intake is great! Install was very very easy! They give you a picture for every step of the way.

its all personal opinion BUT, i like my Injen intake. the only thing is that AEM doesnt have black........or atleast i couldnt find a black intake....i also baught Injen b/c at the time, was the cheapest intake i found....just my .02 worth

just an idea of what the black intake looks like....

quatelate said:
alright thanx everyone for the info
I have an AEM in polished silver, it's very sexy, and has a nice sound to it. I've heard nothing bad about either brand, it's just personal preference i believe.

Here check out my AEM intake

Attachments

• Hiboost FMIC (engine bay).jpg
    Hiboost FMIC (engine bay).jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Hiboost FMIC (engine bay left side).jpg
    Hiboost FMIC (engine bay left side).jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Hiboost FMIC (engine bay right side).jpg
    Hiboost FMIC (engine bay right side).jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 153
hello2000 said:
Here check out my AEM intake

You should polish your heatshield. It would complete the look of your engine bay. BTW Nice ride.

Thats what I had planned :D

CasopoliS said:
You should polish your heatshield. It would complete the look of your engine bay. BTW Nice ride.

I think the Injen is produces a louder turkey sound. It orients the BPV a little differently than the AEM.

i think its just a matter of opinion both injen and aem are promissing aftermarket companys with good respect, it just depends on which customer likes which product. i personally like my injen only because ive only driven with the injen, if i were to drive with the aem my opinions could differ.

I can't see from the pictures, but from all the pictures I have seen, I thought the AEM was a one-piece pipe and the Injen is obviously a 2 piece. Correct me if i'm wrong, but if AEM is a one piece how does the MAF attach to the piping to get a reading?

ha!!! good 2 year bump. Don't know the answer though.

unsubscribing....

wow i saw this and thought "i dont remember posting that" lol it was 2 years ago... neway im pretty sure the aem is a 2 peice i never ended up getting the cold air tho just got a perrin short ram. btw if you look at hello 2000's post you can see the maf on the intake almost exactly were the injen's is.

Back