Bye Bye MSP.

jflo said:
but this isn't about you. this is about a guy wanting to trade in his MSP for an Audi. an audi would cost just as much as a lexus or acura to repair. what, you don't think it costs a lot of money to buy parts from germany ? lexus and acura are north america only brands.

let him do what he wants...since he's obviously got the money to do it, let him. he'll come back crying (if he's not a very fortunate audi driver)

I was actually defending his purchase of an Audi if you reread the post. I never said it was about me either.........

And yes, Audi's are pricey to repair just like any high-end car brand.

yeah, but you keep talking about consumer reports on the reliability issue. then you talk about how you would prefer to drive something less common and unique. news flash, there's a lot more audis running around here than there are proteges. albeit, they're more expensive, but that's what people want to drive. and yes, audi is a high-end luxury car maker. they're Mercedes-Benz's main competition in the US

The streets are flooded with them and I prefer to have something unique and not so common.

True, they are flooded, and why do you think that?

I'd rather buy something with better features and throw a few bucks into it for repairs/upgrades here and there.

True and I can't afford a Lexus or a Turbo Acura, if they made one.

jflo said:
yeah, but you keep talking about consumer reports on the reliability issue. then you talk about how you would prefer to drive something less common and unique. news flash, there's a lot more audis running around here than there are proteges. albeit, they're more expensive, but that's what people want to drive. and yes, audi is a high-end luxury car maker. they're Mercedes-Benz's main competition in the US

OK, i'm done posting in this thread.....And thanks for the news flash....i'm well aware of all of the Audi drivers.

If you READ, you will see that I stated Audi was a high-end vehicle, but obviously you didn't.

Also, not ONCE did I say I wanted to purchase an Audi because it was unique. The point I was trying to make is that the guy (starter of this thread) should be able to buy whatever car he wants regardless what Consumer Reports says. He decided to purchase a vehicle based on personal preference (features/specifications.) He probably didn't care what Consumer Reports (people all over the US) had to say about its reliability.

:cool:

mazdadan said:
I was actually defending his purchase of an Audi if you reread the post. I never said it was about me either.........

And yes, Audi's are pricey to repair just like any high-end car brand.

OMG!!!!!! Timing Belt on a 2.8 V6????????? Yikes. A full months wages there.....

Centre Diff breaks? Sell the ****** car....... It would be cheaper.

I love my cheap Japanese.......Turbo'd tincan.

In Consumer Reports, reliability results are not based on phone polls or any crap like that. (Have you ever been called by consumer reports?) Every car rated by CR has been purchased, then short-term and long-term tested by CR. That's why it sometimes takes so long for new cars to have a rating in their annual car issue. The reliability is based upon the results of the aforementioned tests by CR staffers. The cars, once they are through with them, are then sold to consumers at a substantially reduced price with the condition that the buyer answer periodic questions about the vehicle. Just look up their website to get your facts straight. Jesus!

mspdfreak said:
In Consumer Reports, reliability results are not based on phone polls or any crap like that. (Have you ever been called by consumer reports?) Every car rated by CR has been purchased, then short-term and long-term tested by CR. That's why it sometimes takes so long for new cars to have a rating in their annual car issue. The reliability is based upon the results of the aforementioned tests by CR staffers. The cars, once they are through with them, are then sold to consumers at a substantially reduced price with the condition that the buyer answer periodic questions about the vehicle. Just look up their website to get your facts straight. Jesus!

OK, I said I wasn't going to post on this thread again, but I just wanted to make a comment real quick. Consumer Reports sends out surveys via mail to their current subscribers. I have friends and family who have subsriptions and have personally seen the surveys. Hence the name "Consumer Reports." The consumers are reporting on products.

Here....this is directly off Consumer Reports website:

"To supplement laboratory testing, the survey research department gathers the experiences that thousands of our subscribers have had with products and services through an annual questionnaire. Those results are the basis of our well-known auto Frequency-of-Repair index and other product-reliability reports. "

Ironically there is no Consimer Report on how good or bad Consumer Reports is!!!!

Sounds to me like there needs to be one!

MSPDAVE125 said:
Ironically there is no Consimer Report on how good or bad Consumer Reports is!!!!

Sounds to me like there needs to be one!

LOL...i'm not saying it's bad....It just needs to be taken with a grain of salt....just like every other publication. :D

MSPDAVE125 said:
OMG!!!!!! Timing Belt on a 2.8 V6????????? Yikes. A full months wages there.....

Centre Diff breaks? Sell the ****** car....... It would be cheaper.

I love my cheap Japanese.......Turbo'd tincan.

S4:

new turbos : $4K

New awd tranny: $8K Thats why I didn't get one :(

Ok oviously i could give 2 s**** what you people have to say about audi. I love Audi's and if i want one all get it and deal with whatever comes up. And i won't come back crying. I love my MSP and i'm sure all love the Audi. Every car has its issues, but as long as you maintain your car and don't beat it to the point of no return not you shouldn't have many issues! Plus a really close freind of mine is a certified master mechanic for german cars and if something goes wrong i won;t be payin the $80 dollars a hour dealer fee, so that eases my purchase a bit! The dealer didn't raise the price of the car and I DID get $17,000 for trade. I will end up putting out a few extra g's for the audi, But oviously because its a audi. It cost more used then my mazda was new and theres many reasons for that. Going from test driving that audi to driving the MSP, it makes me feel like the MSP is a hyundai.
No doubt the MSP was one of the funnest cars i ever drove. But really i have a life to start(i'm only 20) and i wanted a car i was gonna be happy with for a long time. A Audi is what i wanted in the first place so now i'm gonna have it.
Later

Oh and "mspdfreak" eat s***.

Last edited:
agreed..im 20 as well and purchased my msp cus its a nice ****** deal..and its my first new car... good credit is nice :) anyway it should hold me over for a year or two til i sell it for a evo or smoething better....i wanted a audi as well....but i figured....used car over new? **** that :confused:

I traded mine up for a WRX wagon about 9 months ago and it's still for sale at the Subi dealer... None of the original Speed owners are on this site anymore, what does that tell you?

TURBO3WAGON said:
I traded mine up for a WRX wagon about 9 months ago and it's still for sale at the Subi dealer... None of the original Speed owners are on this site anymore, what does that tell you?

Are you on crack?
There are several who are on here including myself.
I have had this car since last Feburary and there hundreds of other owners who have never even heard of this site who I am sure love their cars. Not everyone wants to mod the **** out of their car and most people use their vehicle "GASP" for transportation not to do their best Speed Racer impression.
Not that mods are bad but most of those who have boguht them are not on here. They made what a few thousand of these things? I don't see several thousand MSP owners on here so your data is flawed. You did not like yours fine but damn it's a far stretch to interpolate that into meaning all the orginal owners jumped ship.

Last edited:
mspdfreak said:
Because he's got more money than sense. The salesman is probably laughing his ass off.
Damn ok this was funny no offense to the "AUDI MAN."

That's not true. There are alot of original speed owners still on this site. I'm one of them. I've looked, and thought about a lot of other cars. I am very happy with my spicy MSP.. I've looked at tons of cars with my brother and most of them don't compare to my MSP. And the few that do, they still have points that the MSP is better on. Overall I would like to have a few other cars, but I'll try to get them without trading in my MSP, b/c these cars are one of a kind and a lot of fun to drive.

yashooa said:
Are you on crack?
There are several who are on here including myself.
I have had this car since last Feburary and there hundreds of other owners who have never even heard of this site who I am sure love their cars. Not everyone wants to mod the **** out of their car and most people use their vehicle "GASP" for transportation not to do their best Speed Racer impression.
Not that mods are bad but most of those who have boguht them are not on here. They made what a few thousand of these things? I don't see several thousand MSP owners on here so your data is flawed. You did not like yours fine but damn it's a far stretch to interpolate that into meaning all the orginal owners jumped ship.

Why are you so defensive, its my opinion and Im entitled to it, just as your entitled to yours! The Subi went to the wife and is bone stock. I know about rare, there were only 1250 323GTX & GTs sold for only one year. I still have mine cause its a bulletproof car that does not have issues.

Im simply saying that Ive seen a lot of MSP owners selling their cars.

Take a chill pill man and lay of the roids..

:rolleyes:

Back