Buying an MS6

:
2006 Mazda Speed6
Hello every one,

I am back on the forum again after couple years of absence after my Protege got totaled after I got rear ended. Recently I was looking on getting an RX8, but in the search came across a 2006 Speed6, with 94K+ and in great condition with the all leather and sunroof package. The dealer gave me a good offer one the car $13k with a 3month warranty. I think its a good price, since the MS6 its a hard car to find and the ones on the market are above $15k...

I read this section of the forum about the things to replace and maintenance. So far I am going to keep it stock, even thought the car already have a CAI and blow off valve(Not sure if comes from factory or not).

Is it good buy? and do you guys have any recommendations on maintenance intervals or things I should keep an eye on the car. I know its a high maintenance car so I am trying to do all my homework so I can keep it running flawlessly.

02.jpg

04.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

07.jpg

27.jpg

I end up getting the car and I couldnt be more happy! This is so far the fastest car I have driven, so I am going to take t easy at for the moment until I get used ot the car.

what are the recomended shifting points for normal driving on a turbo car? the reason I am asking is because I remember reading somewhere a couple of years ago that you can't drive a turbo car the same as N/A car shifting below 3k rpm.

u can shift it at whatever rpms you want. its just not a smart idea to go full throttle in a later gear at low rpms. or to redline it constantly. also being a boosted car. its always a smart idea to give it a minute to let the oil pressurize correctly and flow through the bearings of the turbo. and same when youre getting ready to shut it off. give it a minute to allow any excess/hot oil to drain back out of the turbo. as a cool down after driving hard or extended driving.

Back