Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: The World's New Fastest Car

Judman, do you realize the amount of power, heat, and air that a car like this needs to be able to get to 268 mph? It's not like you just keep strapping on parts, it's designing something to withstand the sheer force going down the road.

When Bugatti set out to build this, it was clear, it was to be the most powerful production car and hold the speed record. They could have chosen a V10, V12, but went with the W16. They used magnesium for controls to cut weight. It was a no-compromises car right from the get go. Calling it a land yacht is an ignorant statement. You couldn't put this much power out without the weight without the risk of the car getting light at high speeds. Downforce or not, the weight helps keep it planted. A McLaren F1 would shred at these speeds.

I want to see SSC come out with something to challenge this. I love that companies aren't afraid to shut the bean counters out and develop something that defies what we all know from a vehicle. The race to 300mph in a production car is on.

im not posting this to start bickerin gor anything, just wanted to share a cool video

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Irddbq3o-Zc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Irddbq3o-Zc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

^^ Good video indeed, but I'm not sure if it gives me a definite opinion on the 2 cars, except that manual tranny rocks, LOL

i definitely did not post it as an accurate representation of their respective speeds. just found it entertaining

fired734715.jpg

This orange beast holds the record on top gears track right now. Not bad for a land yacht

Surprised the hell out of me. Just goes to show that with enough power you CAN trick the laws of physics.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport makes North American debut

leadveyronssquail.jpg

Bugatti made big news last month when it unveiled the Veyron 16.4 Super Sport. The 1200-horsepower supercar smashed the production car speed record by reaching nearly 268 mph at the Volkswagen proving grounds, and it even made the fastest ever lap around the Top Gear test track in the hands of the Stig.

We've previously only seen pictures of just one Super Sport model the record-setting car with the polarizing orange and black paint scheme but now we know that the Bugatti factory has spewed out at least two examples.

The Super Sport made its North American debut at the Quail Motorsports Gathering earlier today with gorgeous blue carbon fiber paint. We have to say we much prefer it over its counterpart.

[Autoblog]

Gosh dang it. Now it actually looks good

Disagree, I liked the look of the hum-drum regular plain Jane version better. The new cowling over the engine that this one has where the other had those awesome scoops and the naked engine out in the open? SO cool IMO

Back