Broken Cobb Intake bracket.

sierra248

Contributor
:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
I just removed the bracket and I think that will be fine but I cant remove that damn piece that attaches to wiring harness where the cobb backet mounts to. It will rattle unless I rig it, anyone know how to remove this?

Just do what I did, take the broken weld part out and sand the base then put some 3M DS tape and put it back, mine wiggles now but will not come off, which I think is the way it should have been from the beginning. That's the cause of failure initially anyhow, it should have never been hard mounted and NO play, obviously COBB didn't think the intake that's attached to the motor MOVES!

Last edited:
lol, yah mine does the same thing. I am going to just remove the bracket since it just annoyingly rattles, and makes my car sound like a cheap pos.

The intake with the best mounting bracket is the CP-E Nano. The Cobb bracket was always prone to breaking.

My COBB intake snapped the piece that the bracket attached to, not the COBB bracket itself. Very disappointing.

Haha! And I was thinking of purchasing the Cobb SRI ...

Any suggestions???

Maybe buy the Cobb SRI, but the CP-e Nano Bracket???

I would stick with CPE, but if you want to get the cobb, the new version now has the rubber mounts to allow it to move, which CPE had in the first place..

Only 1 of my bolts that holds the Cobb SRI to the side mount plate broke. It seems to have the play room it needs now on 1 bolt... granted it will probably break eventually.

Back