Brake pads

hat1018

:
2003 Protege5, 2006 Mazda3, 2015 CX5
Does anyone know what the O.E.M. pads are made of (semi metallic,ceramic) I want a good pad set up that will last and not produce too much brake dust.

Does anyone know what the O.E.M. pads are made of (semi metallic,ceramic) I want a good pad set up that will last and not produce too much brake dust.

Larry, upgrade to HAWK HPS's

go to Andrew Racing www.andrew-racing.com

Jay lives in Creston and is a HAWK dealer, tell him you know me and he'll give you a discount.

The OEM pads are ceramic., the HPS will give better stopping power and the brake dust isn't that bad.

Thanks Marlon! You da man. BTW see you Saturday!

Last edited:
marlon beat me to it... but yes the HPS pads are the way to go....

Yes he did but I appreciate your input, thanks. I want to try to pick them up on my way to akron. Problem is gotta get the rotors turned as well. We shall see.

I have a set of brand new HPS pads that i bought from a member on here a while ago, still in the box. decided to go with a brembo big brake kit instead. PM if youre interested. Youll get em for a steal, I can never use them.

Break Pads.

Break Pad Platforms are designed a range of quality British disc made to meet or exceed the performance of any pad OEM; manufacturer of composite non-metallic with fiber Aramid soft; platforms Ultimax feature slots center and the edges in addition to thethe edge of the noise of blades cuts on the reverse and EBC brakes in red paint surface of the rotors conditions That after the installation and help to hand over power quickly to stop the new platforms.

Hawk HPS all the way. Great day-to-day but stand up to repeated abuse. I paired them with premium Centric rotors and they are great.

The OEM pads are ceramic., the HPS will give better stopping power and the brake dust isn't that bad.

Do the HAWKs put out more brake dust vs the OEMs? I'm looking to get some new pads since my car is about to hit 45,000. I want pads that will stop my car quickly with very little brake dust.

Do the HAWKs put out more brake dust vs the OEMs? I'm looking to get some new pads since my car is about to hit 45,000. I want pads that will stop my car quickly with very little brake dust.
I am very happy with my Hawk pads. Little to no dust. Performance is a bit different than OEM, they have a more linear feel not grabby at all and no fade when hot. They take a bit of getting used to but you will be pleased with them.

Thanks. I just do not wish to put much money back into my Mazda since I will be getting a new vehicle when my dad tells me the new '12 Ford Focus ST is able to be ordered. When it is, I'm going to kick my dad out of his office and take over his computer so I order it the way I want it. lol

As for one other thing I have, and have not had it installed, are a set of pullies. I will have them on my Mazda by months end.

Well if you plan to trade or sell your 3 outright you may just want to put some cheapy type pads on. IIRC the 2012 Focus will be available this spring. 250HP will be pretty sweet, now if they would put that engine in a 3 door I think they will really have done it right.

Well if you plan to trade or sell your 3 outright you may just want to put some cheapy type pads on. IIRC the 2012 Focus will be available this spring. 250HP will be pretty sweet, now if they would put that engine in a 3 door I think they will really have done it right.

I think it will be later than spring. My dad has not even had confirmation to let him order a 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca yet and I, myself, have a cash buyer for it.

Back