bouncing rpm's at idle

well that would been the case... the car it self actually went infor a tune up... then they called me it pulled that code.. and i said just fix it.. then got the bill and wanted to kick my self in the ass

for ***** sake, what was the problem with the boucing idle. I dont see how the nuetral switch would affect this?

idk your guess is as good as mine.. i'm assuming that the sensor is messed up sendin a weird signal to the ecu causing it to do that cause as soon as i press the clutch it goes away n even in gear driving it doesnt do anything. only at idle in neutral but the part wont be in til wednesday so i wont know til then if thats what it is but i'm sure it is

so that cud cause the idleing problem??? thats p0850 is the only code that came up so i guess i'll be lookin for a switch tomorrow. and no i have 5speed which is y i wudn't think the neutral switch wud have affected that.but i guess since its goin out thats causin the ecu to act funny while its in neutral with out the clutch pressed in..
WRONG.

that is all.

Backer u mufucka lol can u give some usueful info for once geezus whats wrong exactly and whats the correct answer

WRONG

that is all... did all that minus switching all my vac lines and to check vac leaks theres this trick wit starter fluid u shud try it..

justamothermp5 the egr pipe that hooks up to the stock manis isnt used. i started a thread bout it n all the other guys said its not needed so the pipe is shortened wit a breather on it.. n i've cleaned my egr peoblem did not go away. so either today or tomorrow whn i get that switch in n installed we'll see if that fixes the issue.

Last edited:
Ok ok sooo update!! i still have the idle bouncing problem when car warms n i eliminated alll posibilities n found the problem... it is my IAC after swapping it out wit the one on my wifeys p5 it stopped.. we both need our cars cuz have one car jist isnt gonna work. so my question is can i jist leave the IAC unplugged. cuz i went ahead n cleaned the one off my car but it still did it so its obviously bad. but when i unplug the iac wile cars on the boucing rpms stop it jist idles low like 500. can i jist leave this unplugged till iget the new one in? which will b bout a week. or is this gonnna cause other problems. btw i did change out the nuetral safety switch which was the only code pulled

Ok ok sooo update!! i still have the idle bouncing problem when car warms n i eliminated alll posibilities n found the problem... it is my IAC after swapping it out wit the one on my wifeys p5 it stopped.. we both need our cars cuz have one car jist isnt gonna work. so my question is can i jist leave the IAC unplugged. cuz i went ahead n cleaned the one off my car but it still did it so its obviously bad. but when i unplug the iac wile cars on the boucing rpms stop it jist idles low like 500. can i jist leave this unplugged till iget the new one in? which will b bout a week. or is this gonnna cause other problems. btw i did change out the nuetral safety switch which was the only code pulled

You cannot leave it unplugged, or your car will stall anytime you get below 5 mph. Check RockAuto.com - I'm fairly certain you can get a new one for about $200.

Well i awready checked aroun n i think rockauto was that cheapest but their still about 250 guess i gott put up wit the idle prob for a week lol

My 02 ES has the bouncing idle too but only 10- 20 miles after i fill the gas tank...

Runs normally any time except at idle for that 1st 10-20 miles...WTF is up with that?

With in the past 600 miles i have installed ebay headers w/ non fouler trick, new 02 sensors, new egr, new coils, new spark plugs, new crankshaft position sensor, hmmm what else went wrong...

Last edited:
Hmm ur problem cud be more in the fuel area since u changed out every other possibility.. try using differenf kinda gas for starters n use premium 91oct++. also on ur next fill up add a can of B12 chemicol u can get it at any parts store even walmart. jist add it to ur tank on ur next fill upp. if that doesnt clear it up most likely ur problem is ur fuel pump messin up or somethin along the road to ur injectors. but try the gas n b12 first

Thanks for the input. I have been using premium gas...I will give that B12 a try. I find it very interesting that it is only right after a refill.

Do you think it could have to do with actually opening the gas cap? (just thinking out loud here)

B12 for now. THANKS!

You could also just replace the entire tb with a salvaged unit that has the tp sensor and iac on it for like $50

Back