Bought a black MSP today

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! I am in
Spartanburg frequently....I'll keep an eye out for ya!:D

Black mica...get some Zaino and protect that finish. Real easy to use and the BEST stuff for black cars.

I'm halfway through a five coat application of Zaino. Pics when I'm done!

Indeed. Thanks for the tip! I know black cars are HARD to keep clean, but spicy orange was way too bright for me(read- cops look at that car first).

Heathen23- I am around Spartanburg every once in a while. Chris Osborne(www.illstreet.com, currently has an FD) lives there and I go to visit, its only about 15 minutes away though...

LinuxRacr- I'm looking for about $2500. What does it have? 88 J-Spec(not like it means much) engine with 12k on it(shipping from Japan to US, put in a US car and driven for 12k. Wrecked car, now I have the engine. Read- Its never been in a Japanese car, its was only shipped from Japan), 89-91 turbocharger(MUCH more efficient), HKS Super Megaflow(yuck) plus custom TID. Also has turbo back Racing Beat 3" exhaust w/high flow cat. Exhaust sounds REALLY good. Custom intake- I made this out of PVC as the stock Mazda one SUCKS. Approx 20hp gain from this alone.

I never dyno'd the car in its current state as the electrical bugs are being worked out(computer likes to go 100% duty cycle right now, thats being fixed VERY soon). When I had the old engine w/the 88 turbocharger on it I was getting 197.5 rwhp. The new engine and turbo I was expecting about 210 rwhp, nevermind the TID. It also has a clamping FCD(accurate up to 7psi then it clamps, so the ECU only see's 7). It could use a fuel computer(thats how the old engine went). Also has a ACT street/strip clutch.

I am really losing a lot on this one, but it needs to go. Email me if you have any more questions: n1xrr-mm@charter.net

Back