Blown engine, looking at this built one.

powderider87

:
03 MSP
Hey guys, A couple nights ago i got on it in my car and had this wierd backfire sound. I got on it again to check my boost reading and spiked 20 and popped the motor. I am in a little bit of a pickle, I like the msp ALOT, and i know its only worth like $6500 (when it ran). I would really like to go all out and buy a forged block but that seems a little too much for what i have in the bank right now. I am currently looking at the complete engine in the FS section. I have been talking with the guy and he says i just need to swap underdrive pulleys, swap exhaust cam gear so i can use my cam sensor and plug the distributor hole. And hopefully the valve cover will match up from the msp so i can use my coils on plugs. If anyone can help verify these for me that would be awesome. Here is a link to the engine.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123767316

I came across that thread a week or so ago. I think I'm only an hour or 2 drive from him and that is a crazy deal but it's not exactly in my budget. I would speak to somebody like Ken from Protege Garage. I'm not sure if he has motors built at his place or not but he may be able to point you in the right direction as far as the parts in question. Good luck and I hope you are able to swipe that deal.

Back