Black out your headlights meet

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
92 & 16 Meyatas
Okay, for anyone interested...going to have a "black out your headlights" meet at my house Nov. 18th. I told my wife to not do any baking that day! When I told her we will be putting our headlights in the oven all she said was "oh". She knows I'm nuts anyway!

We'll start around 9. Let me know if your interested. Hopefully Chris (Kansei) will be here to walk us through the process!
Oh ya, Chris...we can do your fenders too, if you want?

1. mark

Last edited:
2. Jeff (pending calendar check)

18th sounds good to me....just have to double check my calendar and make sure we don't have anything going on that weekend. Will let you know and now I gotta search to find what paint to use.

RedHotP5 said:
2. Jeff (pending calendar check)

18th sounds good to me....just have to double check my calendar and make sure we don't have anything going on that weekend. Will let you know and now I gotta search to find what paint to use.

we'll have to have a special prize of the one who travels the furthest!

interesting, it all depends on if I get my house stuff done first. I have to get up on the roof and fix my chimney. joy.

K here's the list of confirmed so far. Even if you aren't going to do your headlights stop by.. this is probably the last pre-snow meet we'll be able to squeeze in haha.

1. Mark
2. Jeff
3. Chris

Ok mapquest has me 5 hours and 24 minutes from my door to Mark's. 95 to 495 to 24N to 106 to some side streets to Mark's place. Still searching for paint....have seen that some people use flat and others are using semi-gloss....hhhmmmm

RedHotP5 said:
Ok mapquest has me 5 hours and 24 minutes from my door to Mark's. 95 to 495 to 24N to 106 to some side streets to Mark's place. Still searching for paint....have seen that some people use flat and others are using semi-gloss....hhhmmmm

I used "satin finish". My sanding job wasn't very good though because I was in a rush the second time I painted mine >_<

1. Mark
2. Jeff
3. Chris
4. Josh

bazooka joe said:

One step ahead of ya. I was browsing that thread at lunch. Thinking of going with Chris' suggestion of satin. Just think the flat will be too blah, but I definitely don't want too much 'bling'. Anyone ever see semi in person...seen pics here but it is just so damn hard to tell. Meh....

Since your wife has been given 'strict' (haha) orders not to bake that day, maybe I can convince my wife to bake something....if she doesn't have me locked up first. lol

I'd take pics of mine but all you'll see is the rock pits on my headlights haha. Well my avatar pic shows mine with the satin finish, not that it's easy to see or anything.

http://picasaweb.google.com/clauretano <-- I have a bunch of pics of my car on there, you can zoom in on most of the pics. I can't get on that site from work though so I dunno if there's anything that will help.

I did my light yellow before I got into the accident...I have to work that day...but maybe
ill pass by with my new truck....mercedes benz turbo engine..hahah

Jeremy

supa saiyan pr5 said:
I did my light yellow before I got into the accident...I have to work that day...but maybe

Jeremy

Dodge Sprinter? :D

Kansei said:
I'd take pics of mine but all you'll see is the rock pits on my headlights haha. Well my avatar pic shows mine with the satin finish, not that it's easy to see or anything.

http://picasaweb.google.com/clauretano <-- I have a bunch of pics of my car on there, you can zoom in on most of the pics. I can't get on that site from work though so I dunno if there's anything that will help.

Thanks...that is the look I am going after. What brand did you use and does it matter if it is high heat or not? I don't recall seeing anything in the how to, but would a coat of clear be necessary after the satin is applied? Just want to make sure I have everything I need.

Since we will be doing the headlights maybe I should bring up my nite shades and new bumper lights. I put way too much on the first time around and they look like $hit when lit.

supa saiyan pr5 said:

Jeremy

haha, you got a turbo after all!! please stop by!
0405_Mercedes_Benz_E320_Cdi+Mercedes_Benz_E320_CDI+Full_Engine_View.jpg

Back