.bin file ?

Dynotrick

Софиски&
:
2002 Protege5
i downloaded a .bin file of a game off bittorrent and i'm stuck as far as what to do with it. when i started the torrent i assumed it was a disc image inside the rar file. any help out there?

There should be a .cue file to go with it, more than likely with the same filename. You can either use Nero or another CD/DVD burning tool to "Burn Image To Disc" or you can use a virtual drive problem like Alcohol 120%.

Both are available on torrent. I fell in love with Alcohol 120%, though..

In some cases it may just be a plain old data file for the game and not even an image type file. You may have to do nothing with it.

.bin just means binary, although it's used often for bin/cue setups. basically it's a filename with no association which leaves it up to the user

heres the format for a cue file:

FILE "xxxxxx.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

just put that in notepad and save it, and rename it to .cue instead of .txt or whatever

Last edited:
yea it has a .cue file with it. my cd burning software only wants to look at .iso or .gi files for disc image though. i have sonic record now that came with my computer. should i just rename the file from .bin to .iso??

i kind of figured that :) it's never that easy!

stupid that sonic doesn't support this, i submitted an incedent report asking about this to their support service, it'll be interesting to see thier response.

i have a copy of nero express and 6 but wasn't planning on installing them on my new system cause i thought the bundled software would be fine. well now i know what to do anyways.

t3ase said:
There should be a .cue file to go with it, more than likely with the same filename. You can either use Nero or another CD/DVD burning tool to "Burn Image To Disc" or you can use a virtual drive problem like Alcohol 120%.

Both are available on torrent. I fell in love with Alcohol 120%, though..

Another good virtual problem is daemon tools.

i got this response from recordnow support:

[Incident Properties]
Incident ID = T335092
Short Description = binary files
Progress Status = In Progress
Description = Disc Image (ISO)

[Details]
i have a .bin file with a .cue file that i should be able to record to a disc like an image file.
nero does this but i can't figure it out with your software. any suggestions?

[Web Conversation]
<Tech-Support Response>: by Kevin Jamieson, 01/03/2005 5:23 PM
[Kevin Jamieson -- 01/03/05 5:23 PM]
We unfortunately don't support these files. YOu'll have to burn them with another piece of software. Sorry

-----EOM-----
all in favor of the response "Well unfortunately I'm now unsure as to why I paid for your crappy software. Guess I should ask for a refund to buy better software."
say aye!!

daemon is pretty good but i also am in love with alch 120 ive been using it for about 2 yrs now and its great.

i haven't tried alc 120 yet...is that free too??

dynotrick-my suggestion if you want to play on your computer...search for daemon tools on google download/install

mount image->view all files->select the .bin file

sundevilMP5 said:
i haven't tried alc 120 yet...is that free too??

dynotrick-my suggestion if you want to play on your computer...search for daemon tools on google download/install

mount image->view all files->select the .bin file
Alc120 isn't free, however Alc56 er something is, I think. However, Alc has a much more effective user interface, IMO.

yea alch 120 isnt free but im sure u can find ways to get it whatever you p2p ppl use, cuz i use irc :)

Back