Bikingpro5 supercharged Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought some new links, hopefully they are here this week

mp5_3_detail.jpg

also ordered the last(hopefully) of my fittings and hoses so i can finish installing stuff in the engine bay. then it is off to the shop so i can weld a new inlet/outlet/exhaust before i tune the car.. any ideas/hints as to best place to install the WBO2 sensor and 2nd O2 sensor bungs?

bought some new links, hopefully they are here this week

mp5_3_detail.jpg

also ordered the last(hopefully) of my fittings and hoses so i can finish installing stuff in the engine bay. then it is off to the shop so i can weld a new inlet/outlet/exhaust before i tune the car.. any ideas/hints as to best place to install the WBO2 sensor and 2nd O2 sensor bungs?

Wow, the parts list continues to build huh?

The oxygen sensor needs to be after all runners are into one. You want it to read all 4 cylinders. The closer the better for reaction time during tuning and data logging. The delay can mess with you if the sensor is too far away. But if its too close it can shorten its life expectancy. Depending on which brand you use, the manufacturer will have their recommendation in the FAQ section of their website.

Wow, the parts list continues to build huh?

The oxygen sensor needs to be after all runners are into one. You want it to read all 4 cylinders. The closer the better for reaction time during tuning and data logging. The delay can mess with you if the sensor is too far away. But if its too close it can shorten its life expectancy. Depending on which brand you use, the manufacturer will have their recommendation in the FAQ section of their website.

its all AEM in the car as far as gauges and sensors the WB use' are Bosch. As far as parts ill never be done buying consumable parts for these cars that eventually ill have to replace, i know have 3 sets of rear adjustable links and 2 fronts.. heim joints wear out fast and become noisy.. i hate noisey parts as much as broken parts.

the inlet/outlet i received with the SC, since i do not have the larger header i plan on redesigning both of them this weekend with the help of some friends( better welders/metal fabricators) so that i can get optimal flow and looks to match. Then they will be ceramic coated before i install them buy a local shop that does a great job at powdercoating and other heat coatings.

IMG-20120422-00255.jpg

IMG-20120422-00256.jpg

installed the pope water neck spacer today and it fit great and will do exactly what i wanted/needed so i can clear the SC with the lower rad hose.

stereo install has started as well..
IMG-20120421-00249.jpg

interior is starting.. just waiting to install seats/plastics once im done the stereo.
IMG-20120421-00250.jpg

IMG-20120421-00251.jpg

waiting on hoses/fittings and few other parts before i can finish the engine bay

IMG-20120416-00229.jpg

IMG-20120424-00267.jpg

IMG-20120424-00266.jpg

hopefully ill have lots of updates this weekend...

interior is starting.. just waiting to install seats/plastics once im done the stereo.

IMG-20120421-00251.jpg

I've been following this thread this long and I just noticed your car's an auto... lol. And whatcha got planned for you stereo? I'm looking forward to that part, but only a little bit more than the rest of the build lol

I've been following this thread this long and I just noticed your car's an auto... lol. And whatcha got planned for you stereo? I'm looking forward to that part, but only a little bit more than the rest of the build lol
It's always been an auto, but he has a 5spd tranny to swap

well first time the cars seen the outdoors in a while, moved it to a larger shop today so i can get s*** done.

IMG-20120504-00297.jpg

IMG-20120504-00296.jpg

car needs a wash/detail so bad... soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back