Best Product for Bumpers & Fender Trim Protectant?

Tango2014

:
2015 CX-5 Touring, FWD, Born: October 2014 Moon/BOSE
For my interior, I have been using the Maguire's Interior Protectant and am unhappy with the results - especially on the rubber dash. Just read about and ordered the Aerospace 303 from Amazon. My question is what is a good product for the exterior black trim, i.e., bumpers, fender trims, etc. Thanks!

303 will also work well for the exterior trim. I've also been using Meguiars Ultimate Wax and Turtle Wax ICE wax. Both of those allow you to apply directly to the black trim without turning white. I like the water beading of ICE wax a bit better but Megs goes on a little easier. I've also been hearing good things about turtle wax jet black trim restorer. It's a bit of a sleeper product but the detailing forums tend to agree it's quite good and it's available locally for most. There are countless products for trim dressings. I've used the mothers back to black and was not impressed. Chemical guys make nice stuff, I'm sure that works well.

303 will also work well for the exterior trim. I've also been using Meguiars Ultimate Wax and Turtle Wax ICE wax. Both of those allow you to apply directly to the black trim without turning white. I like the water beading of ICE wax a bit better but Megs goes on a little easier. I've also been hearing good things about turtle wax jet black trim restorer. It's a bit of a sleeper product but the detailing forums tend to agree it's quite good and it's available locally for most. There are countless products for trim dressings. I've used the mothers back to black and was not impressed. Chemical guys make nice stuff, I'm sure that works well.
Hey...thanks for all the info!

Newbie here. I got my car a month ago today! Zoom! Zoom! (cabpatch)

My friend(who also got a new CX-5)ordered a gallon of 303 from Amazon to split with me. There was a wait on the free shipping, so meanwhile I purchased 'Turtle Wax Ice'. Pretty good, didn't go crazy, just used it on the dash. Wasn't greasy looking like an 'Armor All' product.

'303 Protectant' came in and used it a few days ago. Very nice. Used it on the dash, interior doors, seats, cargo bay walls, grill,and outside black trim. I like it! It gives a matte finish. It gave the interior a nice enhanced subtle clean glow, not greasy shiney.

Best products I have ever used for Detailing my Vehicles:

Interior plastics, vinyls etc: Finish Kare #108 ... leaves a nice warm glow, not oily or hi gloss, lasts and is really anti-stat

Exterior plastics and trim: Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus ... Super easy to apply, warm glow, not hi gloss, beads for months ... tested longevity (this is a multi product test ... but UTTG holds its own). But pick your "poison" here ... this is the definitive products review thread.

Polish and LSP (last step product - like sealants): Best stuff I have EVER used is the 3D HD line of detailing products. I have used a lot of stuff and keep coming back to 3D HD. May not last the drop dead longest for beading, but the wet look gloss and deepening of dark colors will take your breath way.
- Correct, Polish and Jewel the paint with HD Polish ... goes on super easy, removal is a breeze. Us it with a DA Polisher and some Lake Country pads (Orange to correct, White to polish, Black to Jewel) ... Youll be blown away.
- Top with HD Poxy as a sealant ... Super easy to apply and remove. Gloss is amazing

These are my go to products for my CX-5 inside and out. There are other products that work as well or perhaps better, But none I have ever used that are as easy to use. I've worked with Megs #105 to correct ... and man if you wanna cry and work like a dog getting it off ... help yourself. HD Polish worked and finished worlds better in half the time and way less work.

Hood done last night. HD polish and DA with White pad and jeweled with Black pad. Applied HD Poxy with a red pad and removed the Poxy after 35 minutes. Will do the whole car when I get some more. Waiting on the next sale.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Newbie here. I got my car a month ago today! Zoom! Zoom! (cabpatch)

My friend(who also got a new CX-5)ordered a gallon of 303 from Amazon to split with me. There was a wait on the free shipping, so meanwhile I purchased 'Turtle Wax Ice'. Pretty good, didn't go crazy, just used it on the dash. Wasn't greasy looking like an 'Armor All' product.

'303 Protectant' came in and used it a few days ago. Very nice. Used it on the dash, interior doors, seats, cargo bay walls, grill,and outside black trim. I like it! It gives a matte finish. It gave the interior a nice enhanced subtle clean glow, not greasy shiney.
What ICE product did you use on the inside of your car? I hope not the ICE wax I recommended for the exterior. For interior I have been using Optimum leather protectant plus to clean and protect. This stuff is very similar to 303 but has a bit of cleaning agent it as well. If the car is already clean I use 303.

For the exterior I had to use my DA polisher and Megs ultimate compound with a cutting pad followed by megs ultimate polish with a polishing pad to remove the swirl marks. I usually use the megs 105/205 combo but had run out and the ultimate combo is almost just as good. I finished with the ICE wax shine lock sealant (it was $5 after rebate) followed by a coat of Liquid ICE wax 24 hours later.

For the tires I really like the Megs Endurance Gel and I coat the wheels with the ICE wax as well.

What ICE product did you use on the inside of your car? I hope not the ICE wax I recommended for the exterior.

(boom08) You scared me. I had to run (burnout)and look if I used the wrong stuff. Lol.
It was Turtle Wax ICE Interior Cleaner & Protectant.

Back