Need recommendations for cleaning/protecting above dashboard

smartblonde

2023 CX-5 Preferred
I purchased a 2023 Machine Grey 2.5S Preferred package with Parchment leather interior in March 2023 after my 2009 Toyota Camry XLE was hit and totaled (only 57K miles :cry: ). I'm loving my first Mazda and am looking for guidance on what products to use for both the interior and exterior; it is garage kept. I especially want to know the best product to use on the gray portion of the dashboard to remove a few little scuffs & dust and keep it looking new. Thanks!

Last edited:
303 Products are generally considered the gold standard for this type of thing. Presumably they have a cleaner (if not, use Armorall cleaner) and then go over it with 303 Protectant.
PS: your "gunmetal grey" is actually "Machine Grey" in Mazda-speak.

I have been using Hybrid Solutions Inside Job with good results. All of their stuff smells nice, too.
I watched some YouTube videos of people using those products and they look really good. Do you use a damp microfiber to apply? and what about wiping after applying?

I watched some YouTube videos of people using those products and they look really good. Do you use a damp microfiber to apply? and what about wiping after applying?
For the interior I spray into a cloth (outside the car) rather than onto surfaces. I'd rather not try to get cleaners off my windshield, etc. I use nicer microfibers usually.

Back